Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman is an American Psycho

1. Batman is an American Psycho

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sure_batman_dc

Warner Bros. Casts Christian Bale as 'Batman'

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Versatile actor Christian Bale (news), whose roles have varied from reporter to serial killer, will don the bat-ear mask of the caped crusader for the upcoming "Batman" movie, Warner Bros. said.

Director Christopher Nolan (news), whose credits include "Insomnia" and "Memento," called Bale "the ultimate embodiment" of Batman's alter ego, millionaire Bruce Wayne, in a statement issued on Thursday announcing Bale's casting.

"He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we were looking for," Nolan said.

The Batman movies have been a lucrative series for Warner Bros., a unit of AOL Time Warner . The first "Batman" in 1989 raked in over $250 million in domestic theaters and the fourth, 1997's "Batman & Robin," took in $107 million.

Bale, 29, follows a long line of high-profile actors who have played the crime fighting comic book hero in the movies including Michael Keaton (news), George Clooney (news) and Val Kilmer (news).

The actor won his first big break in the movies when Steven Spielberg (news) cast him in 1987 epic "Empire of the Sun." Bale has gone on to star in a number of big-budget Hollywood movies and low-budget independent films, such as Todd Hayne's story of 1970's rockers, "Velvet Goldmine."

Bale received attention for his portrayal of serial killer Patrick Bateman in the controversial 2000 movie "American Psycho," and more recently he appeared as a husband whose marriage is on the rocks in "Laurel Canyon."

Nolan and Warner Bros. will begin shooting the new "Batman" movie in early 2004 to be ready for theaters by 2005.
    Wow...this is a suprise! Bale's a great actor...hopefully he'll have a better script and director to work with than Val Kilmer and George Clooney did. He's easily up to the doing the role physically. It's just going to be damn weird seeing him in a "summer blockbuster"-type movie like this...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. It says the director right there: Director Christopher Nolan.

3. great news. I'm glad to see Batman back on track with Bale and Nolan after Schumaker(sp?) almost killed the franchise.

4. He should do well. Let's just hope the script isn't clown shoes.

5. anyone else think he's gonna look wierd in the costume?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    It says the director right there: Director Christopher Nolan.
    I know, but I've never seen Insomnia or Memento. I've been meaning to rent Memento for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Klonoa
    anyone else think he's gonna look wierd in the costume?
    Nah, he'll be the only Batman who won't need to have rubber muscles built into his Bat-suit.

Hmm...seems the script is being written by David Goyer, who wrote the Blade movies. Could be good.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Well, Bale was great in Equilibrium, and he did very well in both drama and action scenes. I think he will make a good Batman, granted if the story is good. But since Goyer is writing it, it might actually to be good

8. Now I am happily pleased. He will not fail us batfans. I hope. hehehe i wonder if he'll show his butt in this movie too? *starts giggling like a schoolgirl*
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. He'll do well .

yum yum yum ...
    Delicioso

10. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    Now I am happily pleased. He will not fail us batfans. I hope. hehehe i wonder if he'll show his butt in this movie too? *starts giggling like a schoolgirl*
    * shudders at the thought.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"