View Poll Results: Which movie series handles time travel as it relates to the story best?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Terminator 1,2,3

2 10.53%
  • Time Cop

0 0%
  • Star Trek 4,First Contact

0 0%
  • Back To The Future 1,2,3

9 47.37%
  • 12 Monkeys

6 31.58%
  • Other

1 5.26%
  • My head hurts just from thinking about it.

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Travel

1. Laugh Time Travel

I can't wait till Terminator 3 hits on dvd and it made me think about the way the Terminator movie series has handled time travel since it's inception. I think T3 pushed the concept into a direction that many people didn't think it had the balls to do. Who here thinks another movie has handled time travel better?

2. I love Time Travel, it's my favorite facet of science fiction. I chose back to the future, only because I think it's the best damn movie trilogy ever.

And I don't like 12 Monkies. I wish they would've gone more indepth into the time tavel process.

3. I thought the recent adaptation of The Time Machine was great. *hides*

4. The Time Machine was decent, but it was extremely dissapointing. I had just read the book before seeing the film, and I hated almost everything they changed, especially the Eloi and the leader Morlock. Oh well, at least the actual time travelling special effects looked cool as hell, and I loved the concept of mankind mining to moon and causing it to explode and fire debris towards the earth.

5. I haven't read the book (other than an abridged kiddie version I read when I was nine or ten), so that's probably why I enjoyed it more than you did. Movies usually never live up to the books that spawn them.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden
    I thought the recent adaptation of The Time Machine was great. *hides*
    I also think Samantha Mumba is hot.

I'm going with the Back to the Future Trilogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

7. That episode of Futurama where Fry sleeps with his grandma. Funny episode.
    pwned by Ivan

8. OOO!! Black Knight!

9. Back To The Future or...Donnie Darko.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

10. Donnie Darko, as its such an odd take on the subject, but off that list I like 12 Monkeys.