Thread: 3 complete works of director DVDs coming out

1. Uh-oh 3 complete works of director DVDs coming out

These'll all be out on Oct 28, I can't wait!
    http://www.palmpictures.com/videos/t...pikejonze.html
    pwned by Ivan

Link doesn't want to load for me for some reason, but Spike Jonze is amazing (Being John Malkovich is one of the more original movies I have ever watched) and I might actually pick this collection up for Christmas, even though I rarely buy DVD's.

3. Spike Jonze also directed the Beastie Boys' music video Sabotage. the man is clearly a genius.

4. I think they're all 2 Disc sets, and they'll be less than twenty bucks. The discs will have docs and commentary tracks, and will have a fifty page booklet. Plus, these are advertised as the first in a line of dvds, so maybe we'll get more.

AFX, Chris Cunningham directed the Aphex Twin videos (Come to Daddy, Windowliker, I don't know of any others)
    pwned by Ivan

Oh wait, I just realized that this is in the music section and therefore is about his music videos...

...which is amazing because his videos are all superb. Even though I have most of them on my computer this collection is worth it simply for a DVD quality version of Da Funk.

(edit: And the video to Elektrobank, but I will already have it on DVD when I buy The Chemical Brothers DVD video compilation later this month)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Green
    AFX, Chris Cunningham directed the Aphex Twin videos (Come to Daddy, Windowliker, I don't know of any others)
    Yep. Come To Daddy was his first music video, I believe, and he also collaborated with Richard James on some sort of short film too, if I'm not mistaken.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

7. Maybe that short film is the Windowlicker video, which is around ten minutes long. I dled that and the Come To Daddy video. Windowlicker is very funny, and Come to Daddy has some insane editing, so I'm looking forward to seeing the dvd.
    pwned by Ivan

8. i'll probably get the Spike Jonze disc. lots of great videos. da funk and california being my favs.

9. I cant wait to get these. I'll probably like the Michel Gondry one the most. He's so creative

10. everybody here is probably aware of this, but Rob Zombie came out with a greatest hits cd yesterday that includes a dvd with all 10 of his videos, of which 9 are directed by Zombie himself.