Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime Recommendation Database

1. Anime Recommendation Database

http://www.anime-planet.com/animerec/index.php

If your looking for animes like other animes or want to recommend anything for others to watch, stop by, support is always welcome too. Its still being worked on, but adding to it is easy.

2. Hey, this is pretty cool! Thanks for the link!

3. That's pretty badass. It's funny, though... I popped Excel Saga in and found a list of my favorite anime pop up.

4. Bah! I put in Urusei Yatsura and it only gives me Takahasi's other series, which are only remotely like it. And I definitely don't like Inuyasha. So it's not working for me.

Put it Dual and doesn't mention El Hazard? But mentions Escaflowne? Bah x2

Nice idea, but the excution leaves something to be desired.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    Bah! I put in Urusei Yatsura and it only gives me Takahasi's other series, which are only remotely like it. And I definitely don't like Inuyasha. So it's not working for me.

Put it Dual and doesn't mention El Hazard? But mentions Escaflowne? Bah x2

Nice idea, but the excution leaves something to be desired.

Ahhh yes, but you can change that. Once it builds up the ratio of recommendations will be much higher for series that are actually like the other that are like it, then the odd few that are not. Your certinally welcome to advise things that are like Urusei Yatsura ^^

6. This is a pretty cool thing. I find it works fairly well in some cases (Berserk) and not so well in others (FLCL... that's a tough one anyway).

And I typed in Naruto and it had the nerve to actually recommend Dragonball Z. I don't think DBZ should ever be recommended!

7. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    This is a pretty cool thing. I find it works fairly well in some cases (Berserk) and not so well in others (FLCL... that's a tough one anyway).

And I typed in Naruto and it had the nerve to actually recommend Dragonball Z. I don't think DBZ should ever be recommended!
    Theres a lot of drawn out one on one fights using their own unique skills, sounds like DBZ to me, just with ninjas instead of bulks of muscle.
    Then again, I dont like Naruto

8. Quote Originally Posted by §eraphim
    Theres a lot of drawn out one on one fights using their own unique skills, sounds like DBZ to me, just with ninjas instead of bulks of muscle.
    Then again, I dont like Naruto

(...fair enough though. I still dig the site)

9. I like Soul Taker.
    You like Soul Taker? Then how about trying Soul Taker!

hehehehehee

Awesome idea, despite the few kinks. I like it!

10. Quote Originally Posted by §eraphim
    Ahhh yes, but you can change that. Once it builds up the ratio of recommendations will be much higher for series that are actually like the other that are like it, then the odd few that are not. Your certinally welcome to advise things that are like Urusei Yatsura ^^
    If I knew what to recommend to a UY fan I wouldn't have needed to type it in the first place. It's certainly a nice idea, but it confronts the massive problem of people having different tastes and also anime which is fairly unique and has nothing to really compare it to.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2