Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warranty Cards AND You!

1. Warranty Cards AND You!

Anyone fill them out?

I typically always do.. just for grins, I guess.

(Anyone else sensing downtime?)

2. Very rarely, considering they're considered to "complete" the package. I'd be suprised if Working Designs ever gets any of them back since they're so nicely ornamented and are actually part of the manual.

If companies wanted to get more warranty cards back, they should print ribald pictures on the cards and rub them with Ben-Gay beforehand, just so people are encouraged to get them out of the house as fast as possible.

3. i do all my warranty stuff online and leave the warranty cards intact

4. I used to do it often, but lazyness has kept me from doing it lately. A plus from doing so, is that game companies will often send free demo CD's and even videos. I have recieved over a 1/2 dozen different videos from Nintendo and Sony alone. Sega sent Christmas Nights and Virtua Fighter Remix games. Not bad for just sending in a warranty/registration card.

5. I used to when I was a kid, I even did it to a few of my now-sacred Sega CD games. For that, I would like to hit myself in the head with a hammer a few times. 'scuse me...

I stopped doing it years ago, I probably sent 100 warranty cards over the years and not once did I get a single piece of free shit in return. Not ONCE! Ugh...
    omg TNL epics!

6. Only if:

1) They're a seperate, i.e. not attached to the manual or something
    2) I can win something.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    i did after SEGA sent me 3 copies of Visions each month. after that i stopped because i never got anything.

Originally posted by Johnpv
    i do all my warranty stuff online and leave the warranty cards intact
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

9. I usually always send in my cards, with an exception of imports and unopened games, as well as older games.

Some companies send you free stuff, but alot don't... thanks to send in cards to EA I got 50% of one time at thier mail order store, and Sqauresoft let me join the Squaresoft Club and I got like 7 free games (another coming soon), 2 soundtracks and a bunch of other cool promo and digicube stuff

Sometimes it pays to send them in

10. Originally posted by Johnpv
    i do all my warranty stuff online and leave the warranty cards intact
    Hmmm...

Looks like that's what I'll be doing in the future also