Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-TGS: SquareEnix News

1. News Some Squarenix news

Magicbox
    -Square Enix mentioned the three development teams are each working on a new project. Two of these titles will be revealed soon, and the third one will be coming at the end of 2004. In addition, Final Fantasy XII will not be revealed at Tokyo Game Show, further details on the game will be revealed in a press conference later this fall.

- Square Enix revealed future development plans in the V-Jump magazine. The company is planning to put more resources and strengthen the Front Mission series, after Front Mission 4 and Front Mission 1st, the company will work on another new strategy RPG series.

There's only three development teams between Square and Enix?
    pwned by Ivan

2. Maybe it's a Magic Box mistranslation? I gotta assume they've got a lot more than three teams also.

I'm excited to see what these secret projects are... Square hasn't really wowed me lately with Final Fantasy this and that... some original titles would go a long way.

And that Full Metal Alchemist game sounds/looks like it could be pretty cool. Front Mission 4 too, of course.

3. Only thing that would excite me is a US translation for Hanjuko Hero. I'm also excited about Star Ocean, but seeing as I already know that it's coming it's hardly going to make for an exciting announcement of any sort.

James

4. Vagrant... Story... 2...
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

5. I'm guessing no Vagrant Story 2 at this time (or maybe ever, since God hates us) because the guy who directed it is heading up Final Fantasy XII (which I think will translate into something too cool for words).

I've had the words "Chrono Break" etched into my psyche since The GIA days... it's about time Square (fine fine, Square Enix) showed something related to that.

6. If I remember right, a year or two ago, all of the developers/teams at Square that made games I actually cared about (ie, the non FF stuff) are working on FF 12. Which potentially means I'll really love that game. It also means that most of the series (and new ideas) that I enjoyed so much may not get a new game for quite some time.

Which sucks a lot :/
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

7. they're gonna anouce the release of the remake of dragon warrior 4 for the us, right?

8. Quote Originally Posted by rama
    they're gonna anouce the release of the remake of dragon warrior 4 for the us, right?
    Yes, at the Tokyo Game Show, that is what they are going to do

9. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    thank, fukkin', GOD!

10. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    Hey why not... after all Sega cancelled the USA Dreamcast version of Shenmue II there