Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic NES etc. VHS tapes on DVD...

1. Classic NES etc. VHS tapes on DVD...

I recently got the first 4 vhs tapes in the Game Players series and decided I wanted to put them on dvd.

So I was wondering if anyone else would want this done.

I could put your old,

Captain N
    Mario Super Show
    Game Players
    etc.

Tapes on dvd for you.

I will only do this for stuff that isnt on dvd allready and NO movies.

I am simply trying to preserve this old classic stuff that cant be gotten anymore much less on dvd format.

Anyone interested in such a thing?

2. I have none of these on VHS (at least not anymore), but I would love to see them again.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

3. I think it would be a great way for fans to get this old stuff that isnt sold anymore and on a better format.

Not sure how the forum as a whole would like it however...

4. me=big fan

5. Same here. I loved Captain N and would love to see it on DVD in some form or another.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. I've seen episodes of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show on DVD, it was at Tower Records last year I believe. I googled some info on the DVD I guess it's a one time, limited run because I can't find any place that's selling it or much proof of its existence. It was only $10 or $15 and it's got quite a few episodes, shoulda bought it when I had the chance...

They've released two that I know of for the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, but they're random episodes, like the crap they're pulling with Married With Children, and not actual seasons. There's also a DVD with the SMBSS Zelda cartoons.

I'd love to see Cap N on DVD. Do you have access to all the episodes?

While we're wishing, I want the complete Tick cartoon, too :-(

And Salmonax.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. I just have the 1 captain N tape and those 4 Game Players tapes.

The thought was that by putting your stuff on dvd I would be able to increase what I have as well..

I could then get them out to others by only charging for the disc and shipping.

It would be great to archive all this old stuff, and through the magic of software I could actually clean the video up to where it looks better then the VHS tape.

9. shit, i only have 4 episodes of captain n on my computer right now, but ive been thinking of buying the whole series in one of those ebay auctions. i just have to wait until i have some spare money first.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

10. I've got a video which is, hilariously, an "understanding marketing" type thing aimed at schools...

...focused around Sega.
    BTFJ