Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaming-Age Nintendo-in-trouble editorial 8/12/03

1. Thanks, Steve.

2. Just thought I would say that if Metal Gear doesnt make it out for Cube this year then theres only one other game I want on it. And thats Rebel Strike. And even thats not too high on my must buy list. Everything else looks just so damn blah, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Pikmin 2,.... MEH!

I'm not saying the other systems have anything great either. Ps2 looks damn sad this Xmas IMO. And all the games that are coming out for all 3 consoles I usually buy the XBox one since 9 times out of 10 its the best version.

off the top of my head.
    Xbox-
    Ninja Gaiden
    Crimson Skies
    Rainbow Six 3
    XIII
    Baldurs Gate 2

Ps2-
    Castlevania
    SOCOM 2
    Mega Man X 7

Cube-
    Star Wars
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. I think since mid August, the Gamecube has really started to pick up steam. In Japan it has started to sell at a consistent pace and for the year (In Japan) has sold 1 unit for every 8 PS2's, but recently has sold at a pace of 1 for 2 units sold.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/toptenDengeki.htm

With releases like Chrystal Chronicals, Animal Forest +, Mario Golf and Tales of Synphonia in Japan, the system has started to show that it has software the Japanese players want. When these titles arrive in the US, I'm sure the Gamecube will see substantial jumps in sales numbers here as well.

I like the fall lineup for the Gamecube and I have no worries of the console fading into oblivion, any time soon.

4. EvilMog: XIII blows, save your money.

5. Cube is dropping in price SOON. Mark my words!
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. Ew, a person involved with NP is on our boards.

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Ew, a person involved with NP is on our boards.
    *Shrugs* Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I've worked for Gamers' Republic and Versus Books as well (before both companies went out of business).

8. Well... it does. But only a little.

9. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Ew, a person involved with NP is on our boards.
    I subscribe to it every year. There's usually a strategy guide that I want ($20-15=$5 for 12 issues), plus they'll throw in random gifts once in a while like the Smashing Live! CD last year. I figure I ripped them off.

10. Thinking that you ripped off Nintendo is like thinking that you ripped off the government... its a nice thought to have, but we all know that they got their way in that arrangement, somehow.