Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alien Nine

1. Thumbs Up Alien Nine

Crying, crying, and more crying. That's all this series is.

Story-wise, it's about three high school kids chosen to fight off invading aliens at their school by catching them with fishing nets or using the aliens atop their heads called "Borgs".

From the box art and the blurb on the back you'd think this was a comedy, especially since it says "From the makers of Excel Saga and the producer of Tenchi Muyo!" Oh how wrong that assumption is. This is NOT a comedy. Far from it. It's serious, moody, and utterly depressing (no doubt thanks to the weepy main character Yuri).

With characters that aren't worth giving a damn about and a throwaway plot that doesn't even have a conclusion, this series is not only forgettable but not even worth placing in the bargain bin. Avoid at all costs.

2. http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ght=alien+nine

A real waste of resources, no argument there. I'd love to sell mine, but I doubt anyone wants this thing...

So, so lacking.

3. *pretends he didn't read Click's post*

Who wants to buy my copy?
    On sale now at the TNL Trade Depot!
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=23087
    Along with a dozen other anime DVDs and box sets!

P.S. - Freeter, where were you when we almost unanimously panned this show?

4. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    P.S. - Freeter, where were you when we almost unanimously panned this show?
    Sorry, been busy watching too many other shows. Search function needs work.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Freeter
    Search function needs work.
    See, you probably searched for "Alien Nine" or something like that, when you should have been searching for "whining, crying, annoying main character who ruins a potentially great show."

6. Wow, and I was gonna buy this, too.
    Shame I wasn't around when you universally panned it, but I'm glad this caught me before I bought it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Wow, and I was gonna buy this, too.
    Shame I wasn't around when you universally panned it, but I'm glad this caught me before I bought it.
    Oh no, you can still buy it! Just buy it off of me. $11 shipped sound good?

8. you all suck. the show is good.
    *runs out*

9. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    the show is good.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

10. I think this is one of the best animes there is, it dosent have gore fan service (Berserk) titty fan service (Dont even make me list those), or fucking drag on the series even though it has a paper plot (.hack, Naruto).
    And the story pics up where the anime left off, read the manga if you liked the OVA at all. Thats when the decent fights break out.
    I totally agree with everyone that this could be an amazing series, all the ideas in it are amazing, but the execution leaves a hole....shame