Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alien Nine

1. Quote Originally Posted by §eraphim
    I think this is one of the best animes there is, it dosent have gore fan service (Berserk).....
    Difference here is that Berserk has an enthralling story and good execution in every area. Alien Nine just has a good idea for a story, and poor execution in nearly every aspect (except for the awesome fight scenes).

I'd say Alien Nine has "gore fan service" on a certain level. Some of those fights were quite violent.

I'm glad you like Alien Nine and can look past its many faults. I, sadly, cannot.

2. The thing is with so much anime available in the US now you don't need to bother with a series with horrible excution. Good ideas are easy to come by, actually making them work is another story.

I don't know why, but this thread reminded me of Tenmonya Voyagers, which is a great short OAV series everyone should see. Or maybe I just feel like recommending it until my face turns blue.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    The thing is with so much anime available in the US now you don't need to bother with a series with horrible excution. Good ideas are easy to come by, actually making them work is another story.
    Exactly. Why buy anything that isn't at least B+ anime? Same goes with games. I'm sick of buying stuff that I only mildly enjoy. I don't have enough free time anymore to bother with it.