Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quickies - I have no patience

37 74.00%
  • Hour-eaters - I want 50 hours of play for the $

13 26.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quickies vs Hour-eating games

1. when i'm in school an' there's lots of homework to be done, i want quickies. mostly shooters. when i'm on break or there's not much of anything else goin' on i'll take the hour munchers.

2. well obviously, having both means you have more variety depending how much time you have to play. But i enjoy hour eaters alot more, because you know the games much more deep that way.

3. Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    well obviously, having both means you have more variety depending how much time you have to play. But i enjoy hour eaters alot more, because you know the games much more deep that way.
    What do you mean by 'deep' exactly? Just curious.
    A is for action

4. Quote Originally Posted by EightBit
    What do you mean by 'deep' exactly? Just curious.
    More of a captivating, long story behind the game like FFX or Chrono Trigger then a game that's based on 10 minute fun, suchas Super Smash Brothers. Different genres, but no matter how long they are theyre fun in their ways.

5. Mostly quickies, with an occasional 40+ hour RPG thrown in. Like I got this whole Shinobi/FFTA thing going right now.....mostly FFTA but sometimes I'll sit around for a half hour or so and play Shinobi, then die, then go back to FFTA.
    Sometimes its the other way around tho...I'll play like 3 quickie games, and no long stuff at all. Depends!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Both. It really all depends on my mood, and how much time I have at any given moment.

Tonight will be a FFTA night, but this morning was a BEMANI morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. I like both, of course, but quickies win.

Then again, I can play most of them for hours on end, so, eh.

but this morning was a BEMANI morning.
    You just KNEW that you had to get in on the 6th Style score action, and thus needed to improve your skills, right?

8. Something like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

9. Quickies for me.

I don't lean toward long epic quests. In longer term games, the replay is greatly diminished as far as I'm concerned once the game is completed.

Shooters and other arcade type games can last a while if you play for score or go on no-continue runs. After I finish Battle Bakraid on 1 credit, there's an incentive for me to keep playing- namely, seeing if a 5M score can go to 7M next time with the aid of a few more 100,000 point medals.

10. Quickies, as I too have so little free time. I tend to spend more time with them in the long run anyhow.