Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quickies - I have no patience

37 74.00%
  • Hour-eaters - I want 50 hours of play for the $

13 26.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quickies vs Hour-eating games

1. I love arcades! While I prefer the quick run, I still like to have something to last while I'm at home.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

2. Quickies! Because I havent finished an hour eating game in a long time ;(
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

3. Quickies, with the occasional epic quest.

There are too many good games worth playing, both new and old.

Plus, there are too few hours in the day to play long games.

4. Quickies.

I used to love RPG's and adventure games that took hours and hours to complete. At least that's what I thought. The only RPG's I ever actually completed were Chrono Trigger and KOTOR. I own virtually every big name RPG release, and none of them have been finished.

Yet, I still to this day play games like Tetris Attack, Sega Rally, and Chu-Chu Rocket. I disagree with anyone who says they don't get their money's worth from quickie games. In fact, I find I get a better mileage with these types of games.

5. Quickies, definitely. There's so much that I want to do in my free time that I can't afford to spend long hours gaming. It's gotten to the point that even a game of Madden against friends takes too long. It's weird, but I can spend more time in one straight sitting playing a quickie game, like PGR or GGXX, than I can a game like Dark Cloud 2. Of course, there's always the occassional exception that can get me immersed in a gaming marathon like Halo or KOTOR.

6. I just realized a problem I'm about to have. Once the rain starts (any day now), it's going to be shitass piss-poor weather outside for six months. During these times I usually pick some sort of an RPG or other form of hour eater and sit around alot. Twitchy reflexive action games'll burn me out when I play too long.

Pa

7. I will enjoy a quicky when playing with others. Soul Calibur or a round of GTA3 free-for-all-until-you-die-then-pass-the-controller are always fun. But those are not multiplayer oriented games like Super Monkey Balls, Fusion Frenzy or Mario Party.

But I mostly need a fix of lenghty games on a rainy day. I'm not talking about RPG that requires to level up for hours. I'm talking about adventure games that keeps me involves whatever I do (Ico, Shenmue, Zelda). I've never been able to keep interested in traditional RPGs because.. I guess leveling up is not my thing. It's not what I'd call adding hours of gameplay. But hey!if there are people who likes it, more power to them.

8. Like most people here I definitely prefer a mixture of both. Sometimes I'll have half an hour to kill, and it's ideal to throw in a game like Super Monkey Ball.

I tend to play the 'quickie' games for long periods of time though. I've had a 6 hour session of Burnout 2 before, and I've played WarioWare Inc for a couple of hours at a time, and that's the 'quickie'est of them all.

I like epic RPG's a lot and other similarly long games, but I only tend to play them for a solid amount of time during the first couple of weeks I have them, then they get forgotten and I go back to the quickies.

9. I have come full circle in my gaming. I use to play quickies. Then when the PSX came around it was hour eaters only. Now the novelty of "wasting time"* with a RPG that you essentially have no control over is gone. Since ... Chrono Cross the only RPG that I have played for more than 5-6 hours total was Morrowind. That was a RPG. FF is a STG (Story Telling Game). Anyways I am not here to argue that.

Coming full circle, right. Well now just about everything I play could essentially be completed in an hour or less.

The thing that gets me are the semi-hour-eaters. Like Devil May Cry. I beat it once on normal and then the next day beat it on hard. I returned the game after beating it 2 in less than a 24 hour peroid. That leaves a worse taste in my mouth than STG's.

Anyways Kenshin (GameOverDude) said it the best in his reply, go read that.

*My opinion, so eat it