Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Tactics 2 Announced!!

1. Dynasty Tactics 2 Announced!!

Okay, I may be one of only 4 people worldwide who care, but I didn't actually think this would get a sequel and I really want to see what they do with it.

Here: Gamekult

The site's in french, but here's the babelfish translation:

Sequel the, best of all game strategy to play of 2002. All who did not play, Koei are to declare testicle-less. Many of feature, including ultimate radness. Graphic, swords and sound effect to also be bicycle.

Let the countdown begin!
    -Kyo

2. That's great news. The more strategy RPGs on the market, the better.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Thats cool.

I'm a huge SRPG nut, and I've been meaning to pick this up I just never got around to it.

Hopefully I'll like the first game enough, so I'll be nice 'n excited for the sequel.

4. "testicle-less" & "ultimate radness"

5. The sad thing is that while you may laugh, the actual translation makes even less sense:

"The editor announces new possibilities of combos again higher to put to poorly adverse unities. It will be possible to do to learn tactical various to the generals and to reinforce the friendship between the various protagonistes to have access to again capacities. A row will be attributed to the coming from every battle, this that will allow to do climb characteristic various with a view to the next clashes. "

Either the person who wrote that is the king of dyslexia, or the translation program needs some work.

Anyway, anyone who hasn't played the first game should definitely rent it - to quote Tycho from penny arcade (from who listed the link) : "Dynasty Tactics is a work of matchless power."

And ultimate radness.
    -Kyo

6. I wish I actually knew more then one language. Among other benefits, I could finally figure out once and for all what would happen if I put a Babelfish translation back into Babelfish and asked for a different language. Would the complete lack of coherence going in and coming out cancel each other out and end up with a perfect translation? Or would it simply become a larger mess that would... well, pretty much be the same thing?

7. I'm such a loser, I haven't played Dynasty Tactics yet. The last strategy-type game I played was Arc the Lad, and though Arc 2 was much better than Arc 1, the limit on number of characters in each battle really took away from the heavier strategy element. I'm digressing, but I have a point here...

I don't do strategy games much because I lose too much sleep. I finally figured this out during FFTactics, when 4 hours of sleep a night seemed like a good thing for about a full week. Needless to say, it wasn't. Went cold turkey, I've barely touched strategy since.

From what I've heard of Dynasty Tactics, I might end up cutting down to 2 hours a day, and I think I like having a job too much for that.

Damn crack-laced games...

James

8. Originally posted by James

I don't do strategy games much because I lose too much sleep. I finally figured this out during FFTactics, when 4 hours of sleep a night seemed like a good thing for about a full week. Needless to say, it wasn't. Went cold turkey, I've barely touched strategy since.

James
    DT is far more "pick up and play" than FFT - the emphasis is more on the strategy than the rpg. There were plenty of times I ended up playing it longer than I intended to, but it's more worthwhile than most of the games I played this year.
    -Kyo

9. Re: Dynasty Tactics 2 Announced!!

Originally posted by StriderKyo
    Sequel the, best of all game strategy to play of 2002. All who did not play, Koei are to declare testicle-less. Many of feature, including ultimate radness. Graphic, swords and sound effect to also be bicycle.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

10. has dynasty tactics 1 even come out here?