Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill 3

1. Silent Hill 3

I'm a rabid fan of this series and I got the Japanese one in todays post. As was stated in other threads there's full english voices and text, so it's completely playable.

I have a certain ritual that SH games can only be played at night, so I waited...

I can't say what can and can't scare you, but the first hour of Silent Hill 3 was the equivalent of seeing The Excorcist for the first time, alone, as a kid. I'm telling you, it's fucking FREIGHTENING. If the game can hold anything like that kind of pace throughout, my heart might give out.

If you're a fan of the series, the control is all the same style, and the scare factor is there so you should buy this ASAP. That's really all you need to know.

As this is the type of game with enormous spoilers, I'm not going to elaborate on the story in any form, other than that the main character is a teenage girl.

Anything you post about the story label WELL with spoiler tags, please!
    Boo, Hiss.

And by spoiler tags he means actual spoiler tags not typing:

Spoiler
    OMG! AERIS DIES!!

3. Originally posted by 88mph
    AERIS DIES!!
    Dude, FUCK YOU. What the fuck is your problem!? Some people may not have played that game yet, you prick.

Oh, and I want Silent Hill 3 really really lots.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

4. Re: Silent Hill 3

Originally posted by icarusfall
    I have a certain ritual that SH games can only be played at night, so I waited...
    Heh, same here. Since Silent Hill is 99% spooky mood and 1% everything else, it makes it feel so lacking to play during the day. But at night, with the lights out... Hell yeah.

That said, my copy should be here on Friday.

5. Originally posted by 88mph
    And by spoiler tags he means actual spoiler tags, not typing:

Spoiler
    OMG! AERIS DIES!!
    Yes, the ones you do like this: whatever it is you're talkin about in here .

I really can't stress this enough.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Shidoshi hearts this series!

surprised he hasn't posted in it yet (maybe he has, but I am too lazy to look)

7. Did anyone get the LE? I just read about it Monday on NCS' site, but they sold out already. They said they might get some more by the end of this week. I'm curious as to what's in the art book and DVD.

8. Originally posted by Yamcha
    Did anyone get the LE? I just read about it Monday on NCS' site, but they sold out already. They said they might get some more by the end of this week. I'm curious as to what's in the art book and DVD.
    Originally posted by NCS
    The Silent Hill 3 limited editions arrived this morning in kit form. Vendors are to assemble the "kits" for their retail customer shipments and we suppose that www.konamistyle.com employees were similarly tasked last week with assembling the kits to their customers. In any case, a long box holds a set of two posters, the Silent Hill 3 game (just like the one we received last week), the Silent Hill Lost Memories DVD (ditto) and a shrink-wrapped Silent Hill 3 Program art book whose front cover reads "Drawing Block." Flip the book over and read the credits and view a haunting image of Heather peering out while the words "Drown in Black" dominate the right corner of the back. The first poster features Heather hooked by four fishing lines and the second poster depicts a tortured wide-open eye whose surrounding flesh has been pierced by four barbed fishing hooks.
    If it's the DVD itself you're unsure of, click this.

9. I have one coming to me, but I'll be in England next week when it gets here. I got it from this place. They should still have some available...

I did get the Lost Memories DVD. It's quite a package of stuff. There are at least 50 music tracks, 10 trailers, the UFO endings from the first two, and a whole lot more. Art clips play on a slide when you play music, and they're completely different pieces than are in the gallery.

Very much worth it if you're a fan of the series.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. I'm waiting on a LE, should be here tomorrow. I don't even have a means to play import PS2 games but it sounded like a great package. Would have been really cool if the included copy of Silent Hill 1 was enhanced in some way, but...

Interested to check out the Lost Memories DVD, I picked up the "Art of Silent Hill" DVD a few months ago and well, the game's art crew needs to spend some time in padded quarters. They really let their imagination go wild. *-neo