Thread: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

1. Quote Originally Posted by Click_Stick
    http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/d...views/2592.php
    Some new info.
    ...The return of Vid-Notes?
    Excellent news!
    I got the box version pre-ordered
    $22.64 at bestprices.com !!

2. What do you all think of the series? I watched volume 1 the other night with two of my buddies, and I think we could agree that it was overall an enjoyable show.

I will admit though, that without the brilliant episode 3 (mecha anime parody) I'd think less of the show overall.

Animation is good but not good. It's like FLCL (being done by the FLCL team and all), and is totally crazy, but with less actual frames of animation. I think it is wonderful to watch, but it might bug others.

Anyone know how the rest of the show stacks up? The last 3 volumes are only 3 episodes each (*groan*) so I'd like a bit of input before buying more.

3. The GF and I watched the first disk the other night. It was the first real anime she's seen and she really liked it. I think I might have gotten her addicted

I threw in Haibane Renmei after that to sink the hook...

Overall, seeing as I have a fekkin' FLCL tattoo, I'm probably going to like whatever the team does and they didn't disappoint. When's the next one due out?

4. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    Anyone know how the rest of the show stacks up? The last 3 volumes are only 3 episodes each (*groan*) so I'd like a bit of input before buying more.
    It's a great series, I must say. There are a couple of weaker episodes (film noir and the war episode) that are STILL good. I'll just say this: the show starts off great, slows down a bit (a few PLOT episodes. Odd, eh? There IS a plot, and it's damn good.). Even if you end up not liking the rest, the last couple of episodes are still worth it. OH, FAHCKING BABY YEAH!

5. New DVD on Tuesday!

Yay!

I'm SO gay...

6. Tuesday? It's been at the Coconuts in my mall for several days now.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tragic
    Tuesday? It's been at the Coconuts in my mall for several days now.

Volume 2?

Coconuts is the same as FYE and my GF works at one, they have it listed as the 27th as does Best Buy, etc.

Broken Date!

Either way they're releasing this with the quickness. That makes me happy

8. Actually, it's a Saturday Matinee but that's also owned by FYE and Coconuts.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

9. So, we watched volume 2 earlier tonight. It's pretty gay there's only 3 eps. on the second volume. ADV seems to be developing a trend here...

The first 2 eps were just as great as I hoped they would be, but the third (ep. 7) was all back-story and ended the disk on a somewhat somber note. A big no-no in the comedy world. It's necessary, but there should have been a follow-up ep to bring the funny back after bumming you out a little with the story of the grandfather, Abe, and Mune-Mune...

Still a great series so far though