Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

1. It is being released 4/3/3/3. I hate releases like this. Gimme 5/4/4 damnit!

2. I finally decide to give this show a try and Best Buy, Sam Goody, FYE, and Gamestop around my house don't carry this show for some reason. Grrrr

3. i got mine at a BB. $24 for the one with the box. They must just be out.

4. Well Volume Four is comming out soon enough, so I thought it might be time to drag this thread from the grave. Anyone still sticking with this series? There really is no reason to not watch this series, it's really the best thing out right now. The parts that are supposed to be funny are hilarious, the parts that are supposed to be sad are very sad, the parts that are supposed to be serious are serious, it's all around an amazing show.

The thing that really impresses me is the ability for the animators to change styles episodce by episode to match the mood, or the show you can tell it's mocking. The lesser shaded Dinosaur episode, the moody and noir feeling Detective episode, the fruity, pretty boy/girl episode with the school full of hot chicks, they are all so unique. Music is good, dub is suprisingly good, characters are unique (and in many cases extremely hot), and the flow of the episodes is perfect.

Truely a great show.

5. I got vol 1...

She's not talking about a Deer, she's talking about red foxes in the place to where she'll move. There was a hint about "bucking" in the commentary reel, though... what's that all about?

It was interesting seeing the realistic animation so prominent in episodes 1 & 2 suddenly ditched in episodes 3 & 4. What is the rest of the series like?

6. Well... I wasn't really quoting the show. However.. perhaphs the fox line would work even better than the deer one. Good show Redco.

And as far as the animation goes, it varies episode to episode. It's really neat. When it's serious it's more detailed, but the crazier the situations get, the lower the quality goes, and things like shading and detailed enviroments go bye bye.

7. I haven't bought past volume 1 because I haven't bought any anime in 4 months. My minimal spending money has been going to CDs, which I can enjoy while working.

... but anime makes a triumphant return this summer.....

8. From now through August, I'm not interested in any more than 1 game/month... the annual summer gaming drought sucks. I'll have to fill up my time and money with stuff like this. So far, I own .hack, Love Hina, and Sakura Taisen (-TV series) anime.

9. I'm confused, why in the dubbing do they have southern accents?
    Time for a change

10. to simulate in English the Kansai dialect of western Japan