Thread: GTO - Great Teacher Onizuka

1. Meh GTO - Great Teacher Onizuka

GTO, a true favorite or mine for the past year and a half, has finally ended. The six of us who have been following the series from the start gathered for the finale, and while sad to see such a continuously enjoyable series end, were quite pleased with how it all wrapped up.

And now, SPOILER ALERT:

I really liked how the series ended by fighting against the incident that made the students all hate teachers in the first place - a perfect way to conclude a show that, agruably, could go on forever.

I also really liked that by the end of the last episode, every one of Onizuka's students had come to realize that teachers can be good and that Onizuka was living his life for his students.

Oh, and the fact that they played Driver's High at the end? FUCKING AWESOME. That's one of my favorite songs ever

So, what did you all think of the ending (or the series in general) ?? I've said this many times before, but if they kept making episodes of GTO, I'd keep buying them. I love GTO

- Kabuki

2. great great series, even if every plot was almost the same. a lot of the student's voices were ass in the dub, but i easily tolerated them. the ending though.... just wow.

Oni even went out of his way to help out that stupid bitch Miyabi, when he shouldn't have (at least i didn't think he should have helped her). but it shows how dedicated he was to them, and at any cost. what sucked was that he left Fuyutsuki all alone while he relocated to Cali.

great ending for a great show, worst part about it was that it had to end.

3. After seeing both the anime ending and the manga version, I have to give the nod to the anime's end, even though it was rushed to all hell. It had some great moments, like Uchiyamada defending the school and the whole conspiracy regarding the former teacher.

Great series overall, even though they botched a few things (Fukada arc...grrr).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Victor
    what sucked was that he left Fuyutsuki all alone while he relocated to Cali.
    The way I see it, Onizuka is in love with Fuyutsuki, but he still has to grow up before he pursues a relationship with her.