Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Nippon Ichi's Phantom Brave

1. Well It's out, I have it, and somehow I let EB guys talk me into buying the Strategy guide which they say will be rare soon -.-' I don't know how that happened. I'm down $113 with this and star ocean, so I better lose the next two months of my life to them or else.

Who else went out and bought it?

2. I'd like to pick this up, since I can't find a damn copy of Disgaea anywhere, and apparently La Pucelle is soso. I got payed, so I'll just throw a part of it on it tomorrow or whenever.

3. Well minus 4 bucks for the 20% for getting it with the game mwahaha ^.^ Still playing STO3 but I'll get to this sometime tonight Heh...

4. wanted to get this but none of the GS or EBs in my area fucking got it in today
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    Well minus 4 bucks for the 20% for getting it with the game mwahaha ^.^ Still playing STO3 but I'll get to this sometime tonight Heh...
    There's always a rebate at EB when you buy the guide with the game. When the guide's nice and I expect it to be somewhat useful, I go for it.

My gripe is that I dont know whether or not I should pick this up with Fable on the way, and me never really have played Disgaea. Decisions, decisions.

6. ...

I'll be getting this and the guide tonight...can't wait...I figure this will take me through to next year LOL...my friend got it too...I'm hoping more do, we need as muc Nippon Ichi over here as we can get...

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

7. Burnout

Reached level 50 at 5 hours, but it gets old at 75 (import) + 5 (US) hours... A time-leech like this would've been better suited for a spring/summer release when there's nothing else out & I'm desperate to kill time. I'll probably finish the main story over the weekend and then move on to Star Ocean.
    Last edited by RedCoKid; 02 Sep 2004 at 12:16 PM.

8. I like this a lot more than La Pucelle so far, the whole purify system I spent so much time on it, I'd get bored. Not to mention the fight I am currently on for it I got raped, bad.

But so far I love this game, I was actually afraid I'd be moving the plant sprites around as opposed to the phantoms, which I thought would be really lame.

Oh and whoever I have to thank for throwing in the soundtrack... I love it, more games should do this.

I remember with FFAnthology you got it, but I could only get it to work on the PlayStation.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    Well It's out, I have it, and somehow I let EB guys talk me into buying the Strategy guide which they say will be rare soon -.-' I don't know how that happened. I'm down $113 with this and star ocean, so I better lose the next two months of my life to them or else.

Who else went out and bought it?
    Exact same thing, I got suckered into the guide with the exact same talk, about how Disgaea's strat guide is so rare.

BUT!!!

The guide is fucking AWESOME, if more strat guides were like this then I would buy a hell of alot more of them. Props to Ammadeau for working on it, the upside down spoilers are definately nice

I also got Star Ocean 3 and Pikmin 2 coming today or tommorrow from the local store, so that gives me a bit extra time with PB. For some reason, only the EB got it in, the GS didn't have it until friday, and the local store wasn't getting it until next week (which would have been ok if SO 3 was in, but it wasn't).

And this game is amazingly deep, as well. Better hurry and get it now if you want the limited edition though, my EB said that version was going quickly (I thought it was a preorder only, but they gave me one and another guy too).

EDIT: To go more in depth on the guide, this is how all strategy guides should be made. It's little on pictures, big on information and depth. I glanced at the strat guide for Star Ocean 3 while in EB, and it seemd 3/4 of the guide was big pieces of artwork, huge maps, and little actual text.

Phantom Brave is the complete opposite, it's got strategies such as beating the game in under 4 hours, making a super weapon, the stuff you'd usually see missing from a guide but can find on Gamefaqs. Lots and lots of info, which makes up for the VERY VERY SMALL instruction manual, which tops out at 13 PAGES!!!!!! Definately worth the 19.99 cover charge, this is the rpg guide equivalent of the SF Anniversary Collection guide, imo.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 02 Sep 2004 at 03:06 PM.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

10. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Exact same thing, I got suckered into the guide with the exact same talk, about how Disgaea's strat guide is so rare.

BUT!!!

The guide is fucking AWESOME, if more strat guides were like this then I would buy a hell of alot more of them. Props to Ammadeau for working on it, the upside down spoilers are definately nice
    Frick man, I really wanted one but they said they didnt get any guides yet. They got a whopping 7 copies in store, and 6 we're on reserve, so I bought the copy the dude was about to hit on the shelf. Only thing, NO GUIDE! And I want one more because I suck at strat games, then because its just purty and rare. I'll call them in a few, because I really really want one.

/edit/ Called 2 stores, and they won't even be recieving them for a couple of weeks, what the frick?
    Last edited by DjRocca; 02 Sep 2004 at 06:02 PM.