Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Nippon Ichi's Phantom Brave

1. Excellent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

2. I just today finally got Disegaea so with that and finishing La Pucelle I'll probably be busy until this game comes out.

Word to Ichi: Let's see high rez sprites this time, for the love of Pier!
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Nippon Ichi put a small page up:

* http://nippon1.co.jp/contents/game/pb/pb_printing.html

That guy on the right looks a lot like Laharl.

4. Quote Originally Posted by sggg
    Nippon Ichi put a small page up:

* http://nippon1.co.jp/contents/game/pb/pb_printing.html

Quote Originally Posted by Babel Fish Translation
    In English:

New work game information! We would like to do, at will in the midst of simulation RPG ' phantom * blurring eve ' ardent production! Official sight next few days release schedule!
    Yeah, it sounds like they'll open the official site and post a release date soon. (If I understood that correctly. )

5. More info on Phantom Brave

» New strategy RPG from the developer of Disgaea.

Phantom Brave is an upcoming strategy RPG from Disgaea developer Nippon Ichi. Takehito Harada, the character designer for Disgaea, is returning for the designs in Phantom Brave.

The main character is a girl named Marone, who lives on an island inhabited by incorporeal creatures called Phantoms; she makes a living by commanding the Phantoms to solve problems for people.

Not having physical bodies make the Phantoms somewhat useless in combat, so they compensate by possessing inanimate objects on the field such as rocks or wooden boxes, each granting different attributes to the phantoms.

Phantom Brave will be released on the Japanese PS2, presumably in 2004. A trailer movie will be released in the near future.

* http://gameforms.com/news/?1018
    That sounds very interesting and promising.

6. Quote Originally Posted by sggg

That's the chick from the magazine cover at the top of the page.

7. Gamespot had a report with a number of details on the new game. I can't find the link, but highlights were a ST3-like movement system (no more squares) and both sides will no longer take turns, characters with the highest initiative get to act first, whether they be good or evil.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    Gamespot had a report with a number of details on the new game. I can't find the link, but highlights were a ST3-like movement system (no more squares) and both sides will no longer take turns, characters with the highest initiative get to act first, whether they be good or evil.
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/phan...s_6076151.html

9. Quote Originally Posted by RedCoKid
    I would have preferred Nippon Ichi going back to the Marl Kingdom/Rhapsody/La Pucelle artist. The "hips" will not be making a return for now...
    I liked the artist they used for Disgaea, but I agree with you. I really liked the art and character design in Rhapsody. Marjoly was a hottie.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. i have little doubt that atlus will bring this out here just based on the success of disgaea and a random comment from the atlus PR guy (he said something like "we'll continue to work with nippon ichi in the future" or something when talking about disagaea a few months ago.)

i got to go to the N1 merch corner at messe sanoh in akiba ^_^ i'm not really a fan, so i didn't buy anything for myself, but i did buy a present for a friend... and my friend stella bought the little fanny pack the prinnies pull their weapons out of. =)