Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Nippon Ichi's Phantom Brave

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I liked the artist they used for Disgaea, but I agree with you. I really liked the art and character design in Rhapsody. Marjoly was a hottie.
    I've progressed to story #3 in Angel's Present (a.k.a. Rhapsody 3, a side story collection). You get to control Marjoly and her troupe- Gao, Crowdia, and Myao. Last night, my wife asked, "What is that!? Are those supposed to be her ____ bouncing!?" "No, hon, those are just pixels moving up and down."

Quote Originally Posted by ferricide
    i have little doubt that atlus will bring this out here just based on the success of disgaea and a random comment from the atlus PR guy (he said something like "we'll continue to work with nippon ichi in the future" or something when talking about disagaea a few months ago.)
    Does Atlus USA plan to work with its Japanese branch in the future? Like Growlanser 4 or SMT3 Maniacs?

2. i dunno. it seems like the relationship between atlus japan and US is rocky. i doubt they'll be any more interested in GL4 than 2 and 3, but that's just a guess (i didn't hear anything one way or the other about it.) i'm already bugging them about SMT3 maniacs though.

oh, yeah, and back on topic. here's an assload of phantom brave screens:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...0031003/pb.htm

3. Thanks for the link, it looks brilliant. Unsurprisingly, I looove the art.. and the graphics. It reminds me a lot of Disgaea and that's a wonderful thing, but the gameplay system itself sounds unique and fun too. I really hope this game comes to NA. Hopefully Disgaea's popularity and acclaim will help in that regard.

4. Odd, they're reusing some enemy sprites from La Pucelle. They could be just placeholders, though it means the chances of this game being true high rez are zero. Sad, but I'm still buying it on Japanese release. I might actually be done with Disgaea and La Pucelle by then.

Stolen from insertcredit.com:

"Game Watch has put up an article about Nippon Ichi's newest SRPG for the PS2. This game is Phantom Brave, of course. There's a lot more 3D in this one, as far as I can surmise, with much deeper environments. Interesting system news includes that there will be circles (domes, more like) of influence for any given attack or spell, 8 views for the battlefield (vs 4 in disgaea), and interactive environments in the form of items strewn across the natural area."

PS - Prier better in this game too, damnit, or she's going to be really pissed off!
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. http://www.nippon1.co.jp/contents/ga...printing2.html

Release = Jan 22, 2004.
    Regular edition = 6800 Y
    Limited edition = 8800 Y

6. i haven't been checking this thread recently, so thanks for the link, ferricide. the screens look great.

by the way, does anyone have any hi-res, unaltered character art? those damn watermarks are ruining all my plans!@

7. Oooooh, screenies looks nice.

8. This looks exactly like Disgaea except for the new movement system and the overworld map.

Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

9. Quote Originally Posted by RedCoKid
    http://www.nippon1.co.jp/contents/ga...printing2.html

Release = Jan 22, 2004.
    Regular edition = 6800 Y
    Limited edition = 8800 Y
    I had thought this would happen since La Pucelle and Disgaea both had about the same release date. I'll probably still be playing those two when this comes out.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. News

* http://the-sugoi.com/compose.php?Ndate=13102003&Nnum=3

The newest screens are fantastic looking!

*drool*