Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Nippon Ichi's Phantom Brave

1. Looks pretty crappy.

2. Graphically, dosent look as nice as Disgaea, but I dont give a shit about that if the depth and complexity of play is there.

3. box art...

and BGM + voiceover samples...

http://radweb01.aii.co.jp/contents/r.../phantombrave/

This info is probably old, but I just happened to look today.

4. Anybody knows if PS2 Nippon Ichi's games (Disgaea, La Pucelle, Tenshi no Present...) run on hi-res with low-res designed graphics (like Metal Slug 3, for instance)? Phantom Brave seems to do by those snapshots.

5. They all run in low resolution. There's no interlacing to speak of. It's refreshing.

6. Thanks. It sure is.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Recap
    Anybody knows if PS2 Nippon Ichi's games (Disgaea, La Pucelle, Tenshi no Present...) run on hi-res with low-res designed graphics (like Metal Slug 3, for instance)? Phantom Brave seems to do by those snapshots.
    They run low rez but with scan lines. It's sort of annoying. I almost wish it was interlaced. Almost.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

8. OK. So I have the same question about Flight-Plan's Summon Night 3. Does it have interlaced graphics or real low-res ones?

9. Summon Night 3 is high rez. I played it right after La Pucelle so I really noticed the difference. The gameplay isn't as good, but it's far easier on the eyes.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2