Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenseiden

Kenseiden

I think I'm one of very few fans of this game on the planet. Kenseiden is one of my favorite 8-bit games and it deserved a lot more attention than it got. It got virtually none.

2. I can tell you this much: I've never heard of it before. Was it released in the US (an odd name for a US game back then) and what system?

Yeah, it saw a domestic release (the import one has the main character with blond hair!).

It's by Sega for the Master System.

4. I tried to enjoy the game but the sloppy control (it mainly stems from the terrible SMS pad) really prevented me from playing extensively. Perhaps I should try it out via emulator.

Yeah, the control isn't that great and your character moves slowly. But the game gets better as you progress because you acquire more skills. I love the non-linear nature of the game.

And Alex Kidd's head appears hidden in the background.

And yeah, the SMS d-pad sucks. I use a Genesis controller for every game that works with it.

7. Ah, that'd be why, I still haven't played an SMS.

NeoZeedeater I am a huge fan of this game. Beat it in the 5th or 6th grade amazing music and tough as nails training levels that had moving parts and projectiles like arrows launched at you. The Final boss was huge! I beat it with the joystick never with the pad. There was a level select that was useless cause you were not powered up enough to finish the final level.This game and Spellcater were two of my favorites on the SMS my very first video game system

Korian

9. This game did not get the recognition it deserved. But then, what Master System game did? This has to be one of the most under-appreciated systems ever made. It's a shame too. There are so many great games for it. Kenseiden is one of the best.

And yes, the SMS D pad sucks much ass.

10. Kenseiden definately coaght my eye all those years ago, but never played it.
    And; of all things, more than once I came across complete copies of it down at PhillyClassic3, and for like $5-7, but I'd already spent so much elsewhere, I had to draw the line somewhere.