Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 4

1. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    PlayStation emulation rocks (now if only they can code a decent Saturn emulator)!

Wanna help me find a good program that'll work with XP?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy
    I dunno, it looks cool, but it seems that they're getting away from the Umbrella aspect and leaning more towards the supernatural.
    Well, if this would just put in some closure already... This shouldn't be another series where that they fuck around with and then not put in an ending when it's no longer profitable.

3. This is looking more like Code Veronica than RE remake and 0, which gives me hope.
    pwned by Ivan

4. The video looked pretty amazing and to me, it looks like the character on screen is'nt moving like a robot/tank. The game looks amazing and just may get my $$$ at the register.

5. just wondering......why do you always start official threads for games and genres you dont care for?

anyway im a little disappointed about the lack of info thats been released for this and the online RE lately. there's been NOTHING these past couple months.

6. I expect they will keep the same controls as the other Resi's... its extremely hard to incorporate a 3d control style (like mario sunshine etc) when the camera isn't controlled by the player.

Say for example, the camera is at the end of a corridor and the player is coming towards the screen... in a fully 3d control style you'd have to pull down to get him to move in that direction... but if the camera then changed to a side view, the player would still be pulling down on the stick and would then cause the character to run into the wall... if you get what I mean.

I personally don't mind the control style... it actually makes the games scarier sometimes, when you're frantically trying to run away but you can't because you have the turning circle of a tractor.

7. Frogacuda, here's the thing:

01. Asteroids is an old game, and the developers didnt know any better. It also kinda fits the game.

02. In Resident Evil, you do not control a spaceship, you control a person. Our minds have a preconceived notion of how we are supposed to walk. Bottom line, when you are controlling a person in a game but they control more like a tank, its awkward and stupid and its just fucking unnatural BECAUSE ITS A GUY YOURE CONTROLLING, NOT A GODDAMN TANK!

Whether or not its a fast action game, yes I have had problems in the RE games before thanks to the controls... problems I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD if you had the ability to control the people in the game like they are fucking people, not treaded death vehicles.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    just wondering......why do you always start official threads for games and genres you dont care for?
    actually, although i don't care for the genre, im sooo getting this for eye candy alone.

9. You know, by the time the game comes out it probably won't be anything special to look at.

10. dunno about that. it's coming out around march...so um...it's main competetion right now is what? Halo 2? Resident Evil 4 has much nicer style than that, and looks nicer graphically over all. Killer 7 is gonna come ouut around the same time too. that should be some stiff competetion. i doubt Twin Snakes is gonna be able to compete on the same level, and that's also coming out around the same time.

Resident Evil 4 has the best graphics i've seen on a console yet, and im going to stand by that.