Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do when you are broke and hankering for gaming...

1. Originally posted by Regus

That used to be my old tag back on the GameGO! boards.

I'm sorry man. I didn't know. I'll change it if you wish...

2. Lets all just boycott and not buy any videogames. After they realize we won't buy the games and they throw them in the garbage, we can get all the games for free from the garbage! Its fullproof!

3. I'm in. I don't have money to spend anyway!

4. Re: What to do when you are broke and hankering for gaming...

Originally posted by Master
    And here is a list of things NOT to do wen you are thinking about games and are completely broke.

2) Go to game stores. "I'll just look" Liar.
    Hahaha - it's true. There's always something I know "won't be there if I come back later". And it's always just one or two games. Or three. I'm not sure a cocaine habit wouldn't be cheaper.

But seriously, if your pile of shame isn't for those times when you have no zenny and nowhere to go, what the hell did you get it for, anyway?

Here's a few more -

• Dreamcast, Genesis or SNES games. There's plenty of good ones that can be had for whatever you can find in the sofa cushions, or trading in that mediocre game/last year's sports game you know you'll never touch again. Blowing five bucks on E.G.G. is cheaper than trying to kill time some other way.
    • PSO, the game that keeps on giving. Level 200 takes quite some time...
    • Trade some games in and get Dragon Warrior VII. If you don't have any money by the time you've finished it (it can take 400 hours to get everything) then just give up on life and resign yourself to hobo-dom.
    • Get some exercise, you lazy bastard!
    • Read a book, you stupid bastard!
    -Kyo

5. damn man, i'm too busy to think about being broke about buying games. i usually buy games on the second week of the month. that's when rent, bills, and all the other necessities are out of the way. if i end up with enough extra money, i'll buy something.

however, i'm always doing something. i hardly have time to play anything so buying a game or not buying a game is not an issue. if i'm not in class, i'm reading for class, reading for fun, or at the gym (sorry, my body is my pride, and i hold it above video games). if i have free time at the end of the week, that's when i get in some play time (usually 1-2 hours a day).

and of course, i make time throughout the day to hop onto tnl. we're all a big community, and it's always great discussing things among people with the same interests.

6. I usually blow the dust off of one of my neglected systems and have a go at some underplayed games.

For me, I surf the web alot or go to a friends house and play. Needless to say that's the situation I'm in right now overall.
    Taking it one day at a time.

8. Well, I'm pretty much dont have money for games now. With all this remodeling going on in my house, thats where all the dough goes. I havent bought a game in a month now. We did rent Spiderman, but thats about it. I went back to my DC pile of shame and started Alone in the Dark, plus that damn Heroes of Might and Magic 4 is too damn addicting, and keeps me playing on my tv for the last month and a half.

I will be getting RE today, so I will be back into gaming for a while, plus Hunter the Reckoning coming out later this month as well. Otherwise, I will be back playing my old games.