Page 14 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: What Cell Phone Do You Carry?

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Woah...
    Can you post a link with info on that phone, WildKat? I'm curious...
    This is the only link I can post..

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?id=707

There is tons more on the internal intranet but you can't access the outside the VPN....

2. Nokia 3210

I "upgraded" to a Nokia 5510, but since it's a clunky shitty MP3 playing crappy brick, I went back to my neolithic model.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    This is the only link I can post..

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?id=707

There is tons more on the internal intranet but you can't access the outside the VPN....
    ...which, of course, Radio Shack can't access.
    Thanks for the info, though.

I've been thinking about getting a cell phone; looking mostly at the Sony Ericsson T616. Does anyone have any complaints on it? The Nokia's are typically built quite sturdy, but WTF is up with them having such wierd key layouts lately? Also, how do you transfer ring tones and such to a cell phone? D you have to buy them, or can you download them and use a cable to transfer them to the phone from the computer?

And practically my whole town uses Push-To-Talk phones; those are so freaking annoying for those that have luckily never heard anyone use one. They are loud as hell, and make everyone sound like an illegible drunken redneck (beyond what everyone around here actually is.)

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tones
    I've been thinking about getting a cell phone; looking mostly at the Sony Ericsson T616. Does anyone have any complaints on it? The Nokia's are typically built quite sturdy, but WTF is up with them having such wierd key layouts lately? Also, how do you transfer ring tones and such to a cell phone? D you have to buy them, or can you download them and use a cable to transfer them to the phone from the computer?

And practically my whole town uses Push-To-Talk phones; those are so freaking annoying for those that have luckily never heard anyone use one. They are loud as hell, and make everyone sound like an illegible drunken redneck (beyond what everyone around here actually is.)
    I have a Nokia. You can download the ringtones but you'll have to pay for them. Inorder to download them, you'll have to use the WAP/GPRS on your phone to go online. You might have to pay for the online service either monthly or pay as use (depending on service). I install my games and ringtones via cable and I have a CD full of games and ringtones. I already installed a bunch of games on my phone but for some reason, my phone wont recognize the ringtones. I gotta keep working on it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tones
    Depends. If it's a phone with web access via a web portal and uses "MegaTones", then all you have to do is open a link to a MIDI file on a website and the phone SHOULD download it... and when you save it it becomes available as a ring tone. That's what I do to add ring tones on mine.

Hope this helps...
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe

Thanks for the info guys. I'll read up on it a little more to see if it has web access.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tones
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll read up on it a little more to see if it has web access.
    Most will offer web access but either you'll have to pay monthly, or its a pay as you go (per kb)

Got a Sony-Ericsson t226 last night (Cingular service).

It's pretty nifty: Really small, a decent amount of features, and I think that it was pretty cheap, too.

10. Hopefully, I'll get a Nextel i730 if all things work out.