Page 16 of 208 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: What Cell Phone Do You Carry?

I broke down and got a Sony-Ericsson T616:

Thanks to my discount with AT&T through work, the phone was $62.49, and I get 550 minutes for $39.99. Not too bad.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Victor
    i'm hoping to get the Motorola V600. but right now it's AT&T exclusive (starting Feb), a service i don't really want to switch over to. hopefully T-Mobile gets it a few months later and at a cheaper price. with a 2 year plan at ATTW, it's still about $200.
    You can get it unlocked but it will cost you a arm and a leg for the phone, or just to get someone at a cell store to do it for you unless you know someone who can do it.

Since I can't upload the same picture more than once, I'll link to the last time I posted them... they belong in this thread anyway.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...&postcount=185
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Have any of you guys tried Treo phones? I've heard people talking about the Treo 600.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Have any of you guys tried Treo phones? I've heard people talking about the Treo 600.
    Arent Treo's the PDA phones?

6. Nokia 3210

Piece of shit, but it gets me by.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I have a Verizon LG VX6000 camera phone. It's pretty damn cool.
    Im about to switch from Alltel to Verizon and will be getting this phone, I know several Verizon Wireless techs and they say this phone is teh rox...

8. Quote Originally Posted by JMET
    Im about to switch from Alltel to Verizon and will be getting this phone, I know several Verizon Wireless techs and they say this phone is teh rox...
    Oh, it's sweet. Nice reception and sound, voice dialing, interweb access, you can record voice memos, text messaging, all sorts of cool shit. The camera resolution goes up to 640x480, so the pics are pretty decent, and you can email them. It even has a tiny little mirror on it for taking self-portraits. I really dig it.

It was $150 with the 2-year plan I signed up for, but it also had a $70 rebate as well. Normally it's somewhere around $300, I think.

The only thing I hate about flip phones is having to clean the ear-grease off the screen when you're done with a call...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Anyone have any thoughts on the Kyocera SE47 Slider vs the LG VX6000? They seem like the 2 best phones from my provider. The LG does have the camera, but I already have a digital camera so it seems kinda gimmicky to have it on my phone too, but its still cool. But on the other hand, the Kyocera has the cool sliding feature and it has tetris on it. And I love tetris. I mean like, if I had it on my phone, I'd play it all the time.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Have any of you guys tried Treo phones? I've heard people talking about the Treo 600.
    I haven't heard of anyone using the 600, but some of the management at one of the subsidiaries of the company I work for have older model Treos and it seems to work fine for them. I used to have a Handspring VisorPhone module on a Visor Pro PDA, and it worked pretty nicely... provided you don't count the limitations of the existing hardware. (Aka, the PDA's microphone was something of a joke and the whole thing was bulky as hell.)

Actually, our CEO has what I THINK is a Samsung SPH-i700 (which runs MS Pocket PC), and the thing has been an absolute POS. (I couldn't tell you how many times my boss has had to go to corporate to fix one problem or another with it.) If you have to get a PDA phone, try and get one with a PalmOS because in our experience they're not a fraction of the problem the MS-based ones are.

Just my $.02...
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe