Page 190 of 208 FirstFirst ... 176186188189190191192194204 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2078

Thread: What Cell Phone Do You Carry?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm trying to understand this. What apps were you using that opened in desktop mode? Granted, I don't app much on it aside from IE (which is different than the desktop browser),xbox music, netflix, and a couple of games I grabbed to help me with my geography.
    It was IE, Word, and a few others I forget. I expected it to stay in Metro. I didn't think there'd ever be a "desktop" on a "tablet."

2. Oh. Yeah, that was kind of their point. The office "apps" were really just desktop programs.

3. There's a Metro-optimized IE on the home screen by default. Maybe you clicked on a shortcut to the desktop version?

Office suite should be the only thing kicking your Surface into desktop mode.

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    There's a Metro-optimized IE on the home screen by default. Maybe you clicked on a shortcut to the desktop version?

Office suite should be the only thing kicking your Surface into desktop mode.
    Hmm. Next time I get my hands on one I'll check that out.

5. iPhone 5s

6. Seriously considering dumping the iPhone 5 and migrating to an Android phone. Recommendations? Galaxy S5?

7. Droid Maxx, it is the shit.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. Considering I dumped the Galaxy S5 for an Iphone 5, I'm curious about your issues.
    I do miss direct downloads and not having to fuck with itunes, but I'm so much happier with iphone than I was with the S5.
    Bear in mind that all I use it for is text and web surfing.
    But the form factor is more comfortable (taking otterbox into account, which made the galaxy an oversized PIA), the battery life is leagues better, and even buggy ass ios 7 has been no where as bad as the buggy ass samsung os overlay.

9. I have an iPhone 5 with an Otter Box.

Texting is a pain in the ass because the screen is too small and my fingers are too big.
    My realtor app that I need for work doesn't play well with Safari
    Again, screen size is an issue if I'm looking for listings or showing things to clients on a small screen. I could do the hotspot thing for an extra $25/30 a month and just cart the iPad with me wherever I go, I guess.

I like all things Apple, too. I just wish the screen would catch up with the competition. I don't care if I can't do everything with one hand.

10. I do miss having numbers on the same screen as qwerty, but I found the iphone keyboard to be much more accurate. I was always having to fix shit with the S5, but maybe it was a calibration issue.
    I use chrome on iphone. I don't know if your app will work with it; but yeah, safari never cut it for me.
    See if you can test drive one.
    I was all about the S5 on paper, but when I got it I just didn't care for it. Maybe you will.