Page 29 of 208 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: What Cell Phone Do You Carry?

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    This thread made me resurrect my search for a successor to my old, failing Verizon LG VX 4400.
    This Motorola E815 phone seems to do nicely. Sure, it has a damn camera, but I can look past that. It's an improved version of the v710, which I loved to play with when I worked at Radio Shack (Me; "Name Dial"... "Make Me a Sammich" Phone: "May-ee-kh me-ahhh Sam-ICH. Calling!") I've been looking for info on it, but all I get are posts on Howard Forums about how they took some Bluetooth shit out. "WAHHHH! I need to use a wire to transfer files!" Good Lord. They left DUN in, though, whatever that is.
    Anyone have some info on it?
    If you like the v710, the E815 should be more of the same from what I've been researching, but a little bit better.

E815 pros:
    - Better quality camera. Much better than the crappy ones the v710 took.
    - Voice dial thing got improved from what I heard so now you can just say "Call Make Me a Sammich Home" and it'll dial automatically without having to go through like 3 different steps.
    - The outside display actually dims or does something similar instead of completely shutting off so that you'd be able to check the time without having to turn the display back on.
    - VCast.

E815 cons:
    - No tri-mode. Digital only. No analog.
    - No OBEX. There's probably a seem edit or something to enable that by now.

I say, unless tri-mode is important to you, then definetly go with the E815. The v710 and the E815 are being sold at the exact same price right now so it should be a rather easy decision. Kinda makes me wish I didn't get a v710 3 months ago and waited instead! If you like LGs, wait for the LG8100.

2. Quote Originally Posted by EMAGDNIM
    I would check out Howards-Forums.
    I was. The amount of whining on those boards make us look like all the women I have sex with post hoc (i.e., the fake females are always very pleased).

If you are not a die hard Moto user, check out the new Nokia N90 (being released soon) and the new Sony K750i.
    Not die-hard Moto, but I hate Nokia.

Oh, and thanks, Mikhal. Nice, abbreviated info that won't make me wade through a river of crap like Howard.

Yeah...I depends what board you are on over at Howard's. There are a TON of "OMG I spend lots of $$$ on this phone, so its the best thing EVER!!!" people on there...but there are a lot of non-bitchy members who would help ya out...

Oh, moblie-review.com has a very nice forum as well...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Interpol
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...=pp1&pid=10179

I just gots me this phone with Cingular. $200 and it's pretty damn amazing.
    This is the phone I'm looking to get next. Though, $200 is a lot to spend. I love my T616, but I've dropped it many times, and I cant get it anymore.

I had the S700 (Its the HK version) last summer. Its a great phone, you will REALLY like it. Its kinda big (Thick) though so take a look at one in person.

It takes GREAT pictures...

I made some 3GP videos of various shows (Simpsons, Family guy, Initial D) for my phone...

Short video here!

8. Went ahead and got the Motorola Razr V3 now that T-Mobile carries it. Called up and told them I was gonna switch to Cingular if they couldn't make me a better deal on it, so I finally got them to hand it over for $99 w/ express shipping. Should be here by Friday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large_front.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	16379  

9. I love this phone so far, and the ability to get my address book and iCal synced with the phone with a button press is something I've been waiting for for a long time.

If you can't tell in the comparison pic, the whole phone is exactly as thick as just the bottom portion of my old v300.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	16420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	16421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compare.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	16422  
    Last edited by Schlep; 18 Jul 2005 at 07:00 PM.

10. Just got the new Nextel i850. It's pretty snazzy for the lagging Nextel technology but pales in comparason to other companies phones. At least they're built well. Damn my brother for forcing me on Nextel....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Or perhaps he's a gay stalker, and longs to rub your used toilet paper all over his nipples.