Page 7 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: What Cell Phone Do You Carry?

1. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    How is the Push 2 Talk? I was thinking about getting it..but I would probably wait and let them work out the kinks. Not to mention, not many people have it now, so its not really worth it.

Other carriers will be offering the same as well. AT&T is beta testing their version. It should be out sometime 2004.
    Its okay, Nextel's is faster, but then you need to deal with thier craptasic network. I hate the phone however as Motorola couldn't design a User Interface if thier very existance depended on it.

I think the whole Push-To-Talk thing is a gimmick anyways, its not really any more convenient than making a phone call, i'd actually make a full duplex phone-call, but the fact its unlimited is nice..

2. PTT's been around for years and years, but it's mostly been aimed at industrial and corporate uses.

It's gotten a mainstream push lately because it's been featured in, of all things... rap videos.

3. ...heh. well, what's wrong with rap?

4. Nothing wrong with rap.

It's the "bling" factor I'm talking about.

5. Actually, that's not quite the reason.

Nextel had a patent on the concept. Their patent expires soon, so the rest of the carriers are rushing to get their versions out to the public.

The rap videos are most likely a marketing move by one or more of the cell phone carriers to push the concept to the masses.

6. well, it could be worst.

7. Rap is shit. Most of it anyway.

8. if i see anyone using push-to-talk in public i'm going to grab thier phone, scream obsenities into it, and tell them how fucking annoying they are.

9. I have an Ericsson, I had an uber crappy old cell phone before that one and we found this on pretty cheap. I'm happy with it. It's a sturdy phone which was what I was looking for, snice I tend to drop things a lot. Someday thought I would like to get a camra phone.

I have AT&T and I have pretty decent service and haven't had any problems with them.

10. i have no clue what phone to get for myself, seeing how i might need one soon. Here in Canada, one of the providers is Telus, nice phones, ok service. What would you all suggest?