Page 198 of 208 FirstFirst ... 184194196197198199200202 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2078

Thread: What Cell Phone Do You Carry?

1. Android phones are totally commoditized outside of Samsung. There is nothing to differentiate Motorola from a gazillion other phone makers. Either you buy a galaxy because you want a Galaxy or get whatever shit the AT&T store is giving away.

2. Project Fi service is super cheap and the Nexus 6p (which I have) and the Pixel are both great. That's reason enough. My monthly bill is $28-30 each month, and it does all the things.

3. Not in my area it doesn't.

I got an iPhone 6s for the car. It doesn't fit in my pocket for shit. I don't know how people handle the plus sized phones.

Sure does boot up fast, and switching from lyft to google maps is lightning fast. My old 5c couldn't handle it.

5. Pixel is serving me well. Incredible camera and really fast. Great battery life too.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Android phones are totally commoditized outside of Samsung. There is nothing to differentiate Motorola from a gazillion other phone makers. Either you buy a galaxy because you want a Galaxy or get whatever shit the AT&T store is giving away.
    I'd argue that the lame attempts to differentiate phones with branded apps and ugly UI skins is a big part of what's wrong with the Android market. Moto phones stand out in part because they look and run just like Nexus/Pixel phones but cheaper or better form factors.

I wish everyone just ran stock Android and kept that shit up to date, plus a couple extra proprietary features. But really no one does that but Moto and whatever singular device Google partnered to put out that year.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 13 Apr 2017 at 06:35 PM.

7. It is what it is. It's like computers in the late 1990s. Most of these companies aren't even making any money. They're all fighting for scraps. I think those skins and duplicate services are basically there to justify the phones' existence and scrape a few pennies from services.

It was so nice turning on my phone for the first time and seeing that there were pretty much no apps. Just stock Android and one or two Moto specific things.

9. That's one of the best things about the nexus 6p I use for work. It's always up to date and has no extra crap.
    It's too big to pocket if I'm wearing jeans, but it's fine for my work pants.

10. After a cheap convenience store charging cable fucked up my phone, it's time to buy a new one. The phone market now is sort of depressing.

Samsung and LG have pushed everyone else in the Android market to the margins, and I don't really like either of their phones. Lenovo has taken Moto more or less entirely out of the high end market, and while I still like their mid-range stuff, it's not what I'm shopping for right now. Also their software updates have gotten lethargic to the point of being almost non-existent, recalling the bad-old-days of Android.

Which leaves us with the Pixel, as well as a smattering of Chinese brands on the fringes to choose from. Honor, Huawei, ZTE, HTC, Oppo, etc.

I'm leaning toward the OnePlus 6 at this point. Very lightly skinned base Android, with Android P ready to go, a lot of memory and processing power, and it's a little easier on the wallet since I'm paying cash.