Page 199 of 208 FirstFirst ... 185195197198199200201203 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2078

Thread: What Cell Phone Do You Carry?

1. I've noticed that my Iphone 6s battery life has recently taken a complete dump.
    I'll lose 25% battery life as it sits overnight doing nothing except pushing the occasional @wario64 notification. Is this that planned obsolescence shit everyone was crying about?

2. My 6s is just as shitty.

I won't be buying an Apple phone next time.

3. I've a history of alternating between apple and android because each one has pros and cons the other doesn't and it takes about two years to get fed up with the cons of what I'm currently using and forget about the cons of what I used before.
    However, battery life has ALWAYS been an android con.

4. I noticed that once these batteries go, they go fast. I can usually get 3 years out of an iphone's original battery.

5. Apple had been extending their long-term battery life by essentially forcing older phones to run in low-power mode once the battery had gotten to a certain amount of wear and tear. They got a lot of shit for that, as it smacked of planned obsolescence, but the flipside is now the battery life on their phones sucks after two years like everyone else's.

Phones with replaceable batteries are all but non-existent now. You can still send them in to be serviced/replaced, but it's usually more cost than it's worth by the time it comes to it.

There are some phones out there with extra-large batteries that get crazy life. The Huawei P20 Pro has a very large battery. Galaxy S9 is no slouch either.

6. Most of the rugged phones have great batteries, if that's your thing. The Kyocera Torque can apparently last for several days on a single charge.

7. Just replace the battery, it really isn't that expensive. The things can't last forever because batteries don't work like that, they're finite. Your phone can outlast several batteries unless you've got butterfingers.

I recommend you get good at throwing on Airplane Mode, a lot of battery-suck seems to happen inside buildings with your phone constantly looking for a signal.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 20 Jun 2018 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I went to eBay to look at batteries. Then I googled what's the best brand to look for because they're all Chinese and I don't trust that shit. Then I saw an article stating that if you have an iPhone 6 or later (I have a 6s) Apple will replace the battery for $29 instead of the usual $79 charge. I now have an appointment to get it done on Saturday.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Yellerdog!
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 20 Jun 2018 at 07:24 PM.

Damn, that's a deal. Most of the cell phone repair places want at least a hundred.

10. It was announced back in February as a reaction to all the bad press Apple was getting concerning throttling phones. It's good until this December.
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/358232/ho...ry-replacement