Page 201 of 208 FirstFirst ... 187197199200201202203205 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2078

Thread: What Cell Phone Do You Carry?

1. But do they Just Work.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

They probably Do Not.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yeah? Well none of that matters because the competition doesn't run iOS. Them's the breaks.
    Obviously a matter of preference, but I find iOS an incredibly frustrating piece of design. It's simple and intuitive to do really basic things, but gets increasingly difficult to do more advanced things, and it's missing a lot of the small QoL features that let me do things faster and easier. That might not be apparent going from iOS to Android and being used to doing things the long way, but it's really hard to go the other way.

Even little shit has been simplified to the point of being insanely complicated. Like my girlfriend was trying to delete pictures and we couldn't do it without syncing to iTunes or else it would auto-restore them from the cloud. And camera options seem totally hidden or non-existent. I can't even figure out how to manually turn HDR on and off. And then there's none of the interactive notifications, which means I have to constantly switch apps, but the phone doesn't have enough memory so it's constantly reloading every time I do it...

iOS is a usability nightmare. It's good for moms, so you don't have to field that "I don't know what setting I changed, how do I fix this?" call, but I really do find it frustrating.

Android is probably not as solid on the back end. iOS runs and performs great, the interface and general approach to design just sucks.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 21 Jun 2018 at 03:14 PM.

That's nice, but your shit is fucked up and retarded. Example: You turn HDR off and on from the camera. At the top of the screen. Says "HDR". You touch it. It's right there, man.

5. On like an iPhone 6S it's there. On the iPhone X I can't find that shit. It just auto-detects, but it's wrong like 25% of the time.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 21 Jun 2018 at 03:43 PM.

6. I've only ever seen HDR autodetect, on my 5S or my 8+. It then takes both an HDR and a regular picture.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    I've only ever seen HDR autodetect, on my 5S or my 8+. It then takes both an HDR and a regular picture.
    Oh yeah, why does it always have to take like 9 fucking pictures, too? I get the point of the feature, but I can't find a way to turn it off and it ends up killing the (non-expandable) storage.

8. HDR always takes two for me. If you hold the shutter button, it will burst for as long as your finger's held. Is that what you're seeing? Also, the volume buttons now work to trigger the shutter and will go as long as the button is held.

9. No, it's that thing where every shot is a short motion burst and you can scrub through it to find the best shot. It's a neat feature but it gets obtrusive when it's always on and it makes the pics take up a ton of space. My girlfriend basically killed her 64GB just on photos and there wasn't a reasonably easy way to unfuck them.

"Live Photos", but I'm afraid your shit is fucked up and retarded. It's a still shot that turns into a short video when you touch it.

But it sounds more like you're mashing the shutter button and taking a fuckton of pictures for no good reason. This isn't Marvel, baby. Just tap the button.

Your complaints really come across as "I don't understand how to use this product" and I'm afraid that's on you. My parents also had some of these problems until I showed them how to use their phones. Perhaps you need to go to the Apple Store and take a class.