Thread: Brain Powered - impressions from anyone ??

1. Brain Powered - impressions from anyone ??

Brain Powered (was called Brain Powerd when it came out on VHS) is coming to DVD soon, in three 9/9/8 epsiode packs. Sounds good (and cheap !!) to me, but is it any good ??

I remember Shidoshi liking it back when... anyone else care to drop some thoughts ??

- Kabuki

2. Brainpowered sucked huge amounts of ass, and I got shitheeled when I bought it. The guy behind the counter knew it sucked; I could tell by the slight chuckle he gave me when he was ringing it up. To go into detail, a lot of the story is very conusig; they assume you know more than they've revealed. Character personalities switch up at the drop of a dime, but at least the animation is decent.

3. It's not very good at all. Nothing about it is particularly interesting, not the mechs, not the characters, not the story. About the only thing interesting is the animation, but that isn't worth the price.

Theres much better mech series' out there, I can't reccomend this one. I'm just glad I didn't buy it myself, I ended up borrowing the series from a friend.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

4. Hmm, I havent seen it, but I guess its good that I didnt I remember reading the reviews of it in either Gamefan or GR, but it got somewhat mediocre scores.

5. Well then !!
    Looks like I can scratch this beast off of my summer purchasing list and put the Escaflowne box set in its place. Hopefully I will be able to find the Escaflowne box set for less than $130... but $130 seems reasonable.
    - Kabuki

6. yoko kanno did the musical score.

um...that's all I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.