Thread: Speeding towards the GameCube and Xbox

1. Speeding towards the GameCube and Xbox

So fast, that you'll 'Burnout' before you even beat the game

Acclaim Entertainment announced today that it has shipped <b>Burnout</b> for the Microsoft Xbox and the Nintendo GameCube. <i>Burnout</i> is already available for the Sony PlayStation2.

<i>Burnout</i> was inspired by some of the most memorable car chase scenes from the greatest action films of all time. The game features an incredibly sophisticated and intelligent traffic system, challenging players to race to the finish line at breakneck speeds through a myriad of trucks, cars and buses. With dramatic crashes possible with every turn of the wheel, competing drivers are rewarded for pushing the envelope and their skills to the extreme. <i>Burnout</i> also includes a simulated in-game heart monitor, rewarding the player with incredible bursts of speed as their pulse increases with every risk they take.

<i>Burnout</i> offers a broad array of features, including several new items that are exclusive to the Xbox and GameCube versions:

<ul><li>All-new high-resolution visuals, including HDTV and Progressive Scan support, delivering incredibly crisp and clear action up to 480p (GameCube) and 720p (Xbox)</li>
    <li>Improved deformation models, allowing for more realistic car crashes</li>
    <li>All-new tri-linear filtering and anti-aliasing, creating smoother textures and images</li>
    <li>Improved lighting, enhancing the game's realism, including the way light reflects on the cars and tracks</li>
    <li>Bump mapping (exclusive to the Xbox), provides greater detail on road surfaces</li>
    <li>Dolby surround sound technology, including 5.1 channel Dolby Digital audio support (Xbox version only)</li>
    <li>Improved real-time vehicle crashes, highlighted by multiple-camera instant replays</li>
    <li>16 exciting courses, each filled with unique challenges and obstacles, spanning the United States and Europe</li>
    <li>Multiplayer split-screen action for head-to-head competition</li>
    <li>More than 300 vehicles to collide with on each course</li>
    <li>Intelligent traffic system, featuring three distinct types of driver behaviors</li>
    <li>Vibration enabled controller compatibility, letting players feel every turn and crunch of the car</li></ul>
    <i>Burnout</i> is currently available at a suggested retail price of $49.99 for the Sony PlayStation2, Microsoft Xbox, and Nintendo GameCube.

2. The Xbox doesn't support progressive scan so that isn't right.

3. Yes it does.

4. Yes, the Xbox does support progressive scan. Most of the current games only support 480p, but the Xbox surely can output a 720p signal.