Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525272829

Thread: Astro Boy: Tetsuwan Atom

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    Has anyone got any higher than 6?
    I've gotten 10x (involves dash cancelling), but it's really hard to do on normal stages. I might worry about score later, I'll probably take a break for a while once I've gotten the good ending.

[edit] Well, it's not that it's really hard, it's that it's so much easier to clear stages without worrying about score that I haven't bothered really trying yet.

2. Hmm. Combo building through dashing is sorta the fun part of the game, IMO. It's kinda boring if I'm just punching stuff.

3. This game is simply amazing. I love it. I'm almost done with the first loop, but I cannot wait to unlock stage select to practice and work on scoring.

Does anyone know where to get sprites from this game? I did some looking and came up empty so far and I don't feel like making them myself.

Also, I stopped by a game store today and looked through the guide for the Astro Boy games. In the back there are interviews with employees of Sonic Team and Hitmaker. Both were interesting, especially the Hitmaker one where they talk about Tezuka, 2D games, Treasure, Gunstar Heroes, and Alien Soldier. Any Treasure fan should check it out.

Also interesting is the fact that the PS2 version is basically a UGA project. It became a Sonic Team game in name when they merged. Maybe it was common knowlege but it was news to me. I haven't played that one because of the lacklustre reviews but it should be worth a rental.

4. Is 8-1 supposed to be interesting? I'm just wondering because it's been pretty stupid so far, it's really long and it takes ten seconds of constant shooting to kill some of those enemies (but with the use of a super beam it can be cut down to an amazing seven seconds). Maybe if it was at least different then the other shooting stages, but no, it's the same thing only dragged out a lot longer then it needs to be. Christ, just give me a boss rush.
    Quote Originally Posted by skelly
    Hmm. Combo building through dashing is sorta the fun part of the game, IMO. It's kinda boring if I'm just punching stuff.
    I think the regular levels are kinda meh anyway, it's the bosses I really love.

5. Picked this game up on Saturday at Gamestop. I'm up to level 3-1 and I'm loving it. What a great game.

6. Started playing this again on my new DSLite. I'm playing through on Hard. It's pretty difficult. LOL @ Roufuss' comments.

Any recommendations on where to put my level up points? I put almost everything into Life so far, up to level 5. Thinking about leveling up the Laser next.

I really use the finger laser a lot more this time around. And I noticed that the ass cannon grants invulnerability. Kinda handy when fighting the 2-2 artificial sun boss.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

When I played through on hard, my first priority was the rocket boost. When enemies can end you in a couple of hits regardless of your Life stat, it's critically important to not be where their attacks are heading. And the rocket boost is the best tool for that.