Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer troubles and issues help thread

1. For indexing service, right click on your c/d/whatever hard drive and look for a checkbox that says "Index files on this drive for faster searching" and take it off. And I have no idea about hibernation mode, I'd just as soon assume it's somewhere in Power Management.

2. Hello everyone. I just reformatted my PC and I am getting the "Windows is shutting down in 60 seconds due to an error" message while using Windows XP. I remember a few months ago that this was happening to thousands of people and that a special patch had been released to fix this, but I haven't been able to find it at Microsoft's site or through Windows Update. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

3. Thats the "Blaster Worm" if you have a Router, Kill port 135

To stop the shutdown quickly go to run> type CMD, enter, type shutdown -a, enter.

Run anti-virus,

goto here and run this program (real small)

http://www.grc.com/dcom/

run windows update and get current.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Lordmrw
    Anyone tell me why i can't copy and paste files/text, and i can't open links in new windows? I'm using windows xp.
    Sounds like you have a restricted account, you need some admin rights...

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Stupid problem here:
    My computer spontaneously started having a weird sound fit. When I have multiple programs running, say AIM and Media Player 6, whenever one makes a sound, the other's sound kinda drops in volume... or, say I was listening to an MP3 on MP6, AIM would beep, the sound would kinda go into the background in MP6. A friend said it was deep in the ActiveX controls... I was hoping someone could tell me where...
    Thanks n' stuff.
    What version of windows?

What version of direct X?

What brand sound card?

Update all and upgrade sound card drivers...

6. I keep getting signed out of Messenger 6.0 and signed into an older version. Why do I have 2 versions when only 6.0 appears anywhere? How can I fix this?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    I keep getting signed out of Messenger 6.0 and signed into an older version. Why do I have 2 versions when only 6.0 appears anywhere? How can I fix this?
    Uninstall all versions, its teh debil...

8. Quote Originally Posted by JMET
    Sounds like you have a restricted account, you need some admin rights...

How would i go about doing that?
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

9. http://www.windowsxptutor.com/creating.htm

Click on Changing account type.

10. Help fix my computer :(

I have some sort of virus or spyware that is making it next to impossible to go online. I can't open sites in new windows, my home page is always changed to www.search-space.com no matter what I do. Everything is just much slower over all. I want to get rid of it.

Suggestions? I found something called "Spybot Search and Destroy" and that fixed apparently 56 problems, but not the one I want gone. I don't know if anyone has heard of this problem before, any help would greatly be appreciated.