Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer troubles and issues help thread

1. No help for problems above, just a quick thanks to everyone who helped me out with my monitor issues the other week. I've got it wired up right now and it's a thing of beauty and a joy forever.

It's 20" (Panasonic says 21" but a tape measure says different) and dying to have a Dreamcast wired into it. Thanks again, guys.

James

2. ALl of the sudden when I booted up... the taskbar has seemed to split in two... I attached a picture because its hard to describe... its the weirdest fucking thing Ive ever seen. I tried unlocking the taskbar and fucking around with it but to no avail. I dont know what the hell its doing... piece of shit XP.

ps. I realize I always respond to threads like this with "Buy a Mac", which I would do but Im a goddamn poor college student and this is problem is idiotic. Fuck Windows. Still I appreciate the irony of it all.

3. Can your right-click and choose to hide one of them? I'm having trouble reproducing that particular problem...

4. No... I really dont know why its doing it... it just happened when I booted up my machine... to be honest it happened once a few weeks ago but I managed to screw with it and the problem magically went away (cross your fingers and fuck with it; the best solution to a Windows problem). But now? Uhh I dunno...

5. Is your video card setup to use multiple monitors? That could be the
    problem, too...

edit n/m read this: http://forum.japantoday.com/Windows_...smode_1/tm.htm

I've got an odd question; I've been on a home network with my brother since December, but never used it for anything other than 2 internet connections. Today he fucked up his printer so I set up the network to allow hiim to print to my printer. My question is, how do you get the Shared Documents folder working?

7. cka: that thread didnt help because there's no goddamn "Close Toolbar" option for me... like they said, its probably just a "glitch in Windows". WONDERFUL!

8. Dear Abby:
    Every so often I get a message in one of those tiny "stupid noob, windows is fucked" type windows, that tells me there's some error on the web page and that windows want's to run a debug how the fuck do I get rid of that?

So Fucking Pissed Right Now in VA

9. Pissed: Check out Tools > Internet Options in IE. Click on Advanced. Under Browsing, make sure Disable script debugging is checked.

10. nope, not the issue, it was off in the first place.