Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer troubles and issues help thread

1. is there anyway to rip the audio from a windows media file? ive got a vid and the song the kid sings is hillarious. i wanted to know if i could somehow rip the audio and make it an mp3 or regular windows media audio?

2. In IE, the "Ctrl + Enter" shortcut to add "www." and ".com" and to go there doesn't work anymore. What's the deal?

3. IE is evil and is trying to make your life hell, bit by nefarious bit.

http://www.mozilla.org

And find the Firebird project. Firebird > Mozilla.

5. On startup, on our new PC, my mobo is reporting an Athlon XP 1800+ at 1500MHZ and 512 of RAM at 200MHZ. Problem is I have a 2400 at 2000MHZ and 512 at 400 MHZ installed. I don't hae the OS in yet but if I went ahead and updated the BIOS would that fix this issue or do I need to callibrate the mobo?

6. What are your BIOS chip speed settings like? Did you check the chip to make sure it really is a 2400?

7. yup, it says 2400 on the sticker. as for my bios chip speed settings your gonna hafta be more specific, I almost never play with my BIOS unless I know what it is I'm doing.

My mobo is the ASUS A7N8X-X.

8. Read through the BIOS section of the manual. That board has a chip bus speed and multiplier setting that you need to configure. Whenever I manage to grab my neighbor's manual for that board I'll give specific settings.

9. usually the front side bus or multiplier is not set right, thus causing your system to see it lower than it is.

10. I have a funny problem using FreeRam when my game fills up my memory usage and it has an automatic setting to free itself when there's less then 5% in use. What this does to me is cause my game to pause, then continue to stutter for awhile until it has finished completely and it's costing me when playing online.

I'm gonna need some suggestions on the setting or maybe a better program.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"