Page 1 of 37 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer troubles and issues help thread

1. Raspberry Computer troubles and issues help thread

So this is the official computer help thread. Got a question? Post it up in here, and we'll get right to answering it as best we can. Links for issues will be posted as they are found, and updated in this inital post.

AMD/nVidia/XP IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD problem

2. all right, i bought a new motherboard and processor, plus a new tower with power supply to go with it. i plugged everything into it just fine, but when i start it up, windows xp tries to start up, then goes to the blue error screen. when i try again, it says something about overheating. what do i to fix that? if worse comes to worse, i might still get free installation from compusa, but i'd rather not leave my comp for a week or two. any help would be appreciated.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

3. Sounds like it could be a legit overheating problem... Try getting some "arctic ice" or whatever that heat-dissipating gel is called for your processor.

4. That cooling gel should do the trick. It's like $6 a tube. I think Arctic Ice is the most popular. If you went AMD you may want to get a new fan too. I replaced my stock fan and it got 10F cooler (it was an absolute bitch to get the fan off though).

5. Stock AMD fans=teh suck.

I have replaced more of then than I care to remember..

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    So this is the official computer help thread. Got a question? Post it up in here, and we'll get right to answering it as best we can. Links for issues will be posted as they are found, and updated in this inital post.

AMD/nVidia/XP IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD problem

why not just make a new section? ...seeing as how Max Anime has launched, we could replace it with that...or, well, just add another dept for troubleshooing video game, PC and other entertainment equipment related problems

help etc? ...hm, how ironic.

7. Okay, back to the problem I had in the other thread...

We haven't gotten any new ram or anything, but this really seems like an overheating problem.

80 degrees C can't be normal, can it?

8. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    why not just make a new section? ...seeing as how Max Anime has launched, we could replace it with that...or, well, just add another dept for troubleshooing video game, PC and other entertainment equipment related problems

help etc? ...hm, how ironic.
    Let's discuss it in the treehouse.

9. ok. but don't kick me off the branch this time.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    Okay, back to the problem I had in the other thread...

We haven't gotten any new ram or anything, but this really seems like an overheating problem.

80 degrees C can't be normal, can it?
    not really.....it could be a number of things. first get a good thermal paste (i got cheap shit from radio shack and have been fine but people swear by arctic silver), take your cpu back out clean it off and reapply the paste. not too much because sometimes thats causes the overheating. too much or uneven application cause the heat to not spread properly. and like previously mentioned get a new heatsink/fan. thermaltakes are nice.