Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2

1. Just look at E3. Half-Life 2 was so much better than anything else, it was actually kinda sad. It was kinda sad because the rest of the industry has once again shown to be far far behind Valve.

For fuck's sake, GamePro gave it the Best of Show. GamePro! Like I said back in May... I have absolutely no respect for any magazine or website that didn't give it GoS, nor do any of them have any credibility to me whatsoever. Why? Because it was about 10 times better than the 2nd best looking game at the show (and who really cares what that is?).

Valve has been working on this bad boy for a very long time, and they've kept their mouths shut the entire time. They know what they're doing, they're champions of the gaming world. Yea, Steam's a disaster right now, but hey HL2 isn't out yet so they still got time to fix it. If only more would follow their example.

2. Yea, it normally isn't the best idea to say such great things about a game that isn't even out yet... but I get the feeling that Half-Life 2 is entirely deserving of all the pre-release praise it's received.

So yes, I too think it will be that good. I will also be selling off various organs to pay for the new PC to enjoy it and Doom III on.

3. im not even remotely excited......why? i have yet to download a single trailer/teaser. i know...sounds impossible but since ive been back on dial up theres NO way im gonna dl some movies. no movies=no excitement. not saying it wont be good, just that luckily ive been kept out of the loop so to speak and havnt rushed to upgrade my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron
    Around half of the game was on Xen and that was one of the most frustrating game experiances I've ever had.
    Around less than 1/3 of the game was on Xen. There was lots of jumping involved, but I didn't have a problem. I think two days of playing was enough to get me through it to the end.

Half-Life's single player experience was one of the first with extensive scripted sequences that made the game feel more like a movie you were playing through than anything. I played it on day one, and was blown away. I can see how someone might not have been if they didn't have the hardware to appreciate it, but I had just bought a new computer and it was my freshman year at Georgia Tech, so I not only had the means to run it perfectly, I could T1 and LAN multiplayer all day long, flawlessly. To me, the single player experience of HL was unrivaled for quite a few years (NOLF is good, too, but in a different way), and holds far more memorable moments than Halo did.

I remember the opening sequence, when you're warped into the alien world for a few seconds.

I remember when a soldier discovered me crawling through a pipe and threw a bomb in. I crawled backwards, watching the flames creep closer, until I fell out of it and into water, narrowly avoiding the flames.

I remember soldiers rappelling into the facility, and taking out scientists.

I remember those weird ninja chicks, and taking them out with trip mines.

I remember soldiers shooting at me while I was crawling through the ventilation system, and seeing light stream through the bullet holes in the metal.

It was great. I have high hopes for the sequel. I'll be there on day one again.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. AFX made the proper response.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. I think its going to be good, I have faith in Valve

HL to me is still the greatest Single player FPS experience out there

and from the videos HL2 looks to be keeping it up

I have high hopes for HL2 and i think Valve is going to meet them
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. It's nice to see people genuinely excited about a game that isn't Japanese or obscure. I for one would like to see more of this type of thing, and I don't see why anyone feels the need to try and piss on this parade.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

8. the videos sure make it seem that way. game should be pretty damn awesome.

still, i think Doom is gonna be the best FPS next year.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron
    but when all is said and done will it really be as good as we all believe it will be?
    Yep.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by AFX
    It's nice to see people genuinely excited about a game that isn't Japanese or obscure. I for one would like to see more of this type of thing, and I don't see why anyone feels the need to try and piss on this parade.
    1. It's a PC game.
    2. It's a FPS
    3. Yeah, it's not Japanese. By that I mean, it's not made by Sega or has funny anime characters.
    Play Guitar Hero //