Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Loco

Xbox 360 II Gun Loco

I like the trend toward more third person shooters. Now Square-Enix has one coming called Gun Loco.

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    Square Enix has officially revealed what its "Gun Loco" trademark is about. Stay with us, here: it's an Xbox 360 game, due next year, about a planet full of brutally insane (or "loco," if you will) criminals, okay? And they have firearms.

Gun Loco is set on a prison planet (which, for some reason, has Earth-like ruins throughout) where the universe's worst criminals are left unsupervised. The prisoners have created different factions, and are locked in constant warfare. In game terms, this setup translates to a shooter for up to 12 players, set in seven different climate zones and several different maps.

Artist and toy designer Kenny Wong is behind the look of the game, with characters literally based on action figures. Each character was created by hand as a toy, then digitally imported into the game. That's game design loco.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 16 Aug 2010 at 07:11 PM.

Looks like a last-gen game. I'm not impressed by the trailer, but maybe it plays better than it looks.

3. Yeah, the multi-player here is going to get squashed by Gears 3, COD: BO, and Halo: Reach.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Yeah, the multi-player here is going to get squashed by Gears 3
    Only if they fixed the netcode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Halo: Reach.
    Probably more this game, than Gears.

Game looks slick though. If it runs at 60fps, then alls good in my book. But again the netcode is the key. No/very little lag = awesome
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. I was actually pretty excited until I realized those awful looking characters weren't user created and were stock,

6. It looks so uninspired.

7. more like gun crappo

8. All the games that don't get devoted threads here, and you made a fucking thread for this?

9. Give him time to think about what he's done. He'll post up eventually about how it really looks like crap.

10. You lost me at "Square-Enix".