Thread: The Mark of Kri

1. The Mark of Kri

Yeah yeah, I know it's being made by Sony, but...damn!!! This game is looking sweet.

Action/adventure with lots of depth and strategy involved?
    Intuitive controls that allow you to fight 9 opponents at once?
    Scout with your pet bird, use stealth to get closer, take out a few enemies using your bow, and finish them off with gorey melee combos?

Count me in!!

Read more about it here.

Anybody else at least slightly interested in this game?

2. This is the first I've heard of the game, but right off the bat I can say I dig the game's visual style.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

3. Sony has patented the attack system, which allows you to fight up to nine enemies on-screen at once using an axe, sword or other weaponry. A quick button push allows you to assign three enemies to three buttons for quick kills as they come at you from all directions. Once you’ve killed an enemy, you can reassign that key to another on the fly.
    Nice to see something other than Z-targeting (not that I have anything against Z-targeting) being tried in a 3D action game. I hope it works out.

And I dig the look.

4. It does look damned good, though I'm waiting to see how the camera ends up. Those early shots have it low (really annoying) and the article lists it as "intelligent", which usually translates into "worthless and unable to show you where you're walking, let alone jumping or fighting". The features list also reads like a doomed game (I can't think of the last time I read a preview like that for a game that turned out even half-decent).

Judging from what I'm seeing here, I'd be willing to bet this game has "piece of crap" written all over it. But if it's good and pulls off what it says it will with competence, I'll welcome it into my home with open arms. It certainly sounds like it should be good, but history doesn't seem to be too kind with console games ambitious in this way...

5. Here's a new preview from Gamespot. Enjoy!

6. Well it looks like crap but it has an interesting concept, I'll wait and see how well it's executed before I care though.

7. Well even if their new control scheme wows everyone it looks like no one will be able to mimic it unless they improve it drastically since Sony went and slapped a patent on it. If you ask me thats a little silly. I mean the whole industry is based on copyin and improving and here they are saying "We're the only ones aloud to use this!"

Pretty childish if you ask me.

D

8. Hmm. I never heard about this game before. I does look interesting though, and I will keep my eye on it. More worthy PS2 games to come in the future the better There are still life in this console