Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armageddon

1. Armageddon

The worst movie I've ever seen.

Its on FX right now and all I can think of as I watch this atrocity is that Micheal Bay needs to stop directing. Its like, if you ever wondered what would happen if it was impossible to physically inject and then overdose a movie on steriods, this (and everything else he's directed) is.

Someone gave this guy 200 million to make this shit?

Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

2. If this is the worst movie you've ever seen, you are very lucky. Or you just haven't seen many movies.

3. I don't think he needs to stop directing. He just needs to ditch the clowns hes been working with. He certainly can make a slick looking movie.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doug Branches
    If this is the worst movie you've ever seen, you are very lucky. Or you just haven't seen many movies.

No it is. I've seen a lot of bad movies, that were just bad movies.

But for the money that went into this, it makes waterworld look like a masterpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

5. I love it. Sure it MINDLESS and it doesnt try to be anything but that. But the grandscale of adventure, all the campiness and humor, exciting stunts, action sequences and SFX make it a winner.

Unlike that year other gian asteroid film(Deep Impact), Armageddon delivered Big Bang adventure and I still love it to this day.

You may dislike Michael Bay, but he definately knows how to make a big blockbuster flick.

6. Shitty, definitely shitty. There's nothing entirely wrong with the blockbuster, but there is when it's this retarded and mawkish. I don't find it intentionally campy at all, because there isn't enough irony and winking in the world that could offset the fact that, "Hey! You're rednecks drilling on a fucking asteroid!"

7. I liked it. I thought it was entertaining for what it was. And I've seen other blockbusters that are alot worse than this movie.

8. The Rock makes up for most of his sins.

9. Nicely said Rumpy. Even 7 years later The Rock is still one of the best US made action films.

10. I liked it, sure it may not be the best movie I've ever seen but it had it's moments

Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Nicely said Rumpy. Even 7 years later The Rock is still one of the best US made action films.
    I love "The Rock", I like Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage was great, I picked up the Criterion DVD release for this