Thread: Ape Escape 2!

1. Ape Escape 2!

One of the best yet severely overlooked (& not to mention one of my favorites) platformer is back!
    Is Sony smart for releasing it on same week as Mario Sunshine in Japan? Will it be mostly ignored just like its prequel? Will there be more monkeys? We'll have to see...

A few more pics at To The Game.

Johnny Guest
    It's this just going to be a graphical upgrade with new levels? I simply loved the first. What's up with that little flying monkey?

3. I don't see how they could possibly improve on the game, other than smoothing out the graphics and improving the original's draw distance. Needless to say, this is probably my most anticpated game (along with Sky Gunner).

Also, was Ape Escape overlooked? I recall it selling quite well. Not to mention the fact that it seems to have been popular enough to spawn two sequels.

4. The first was a damn fun game, this one I want to play, but isn't too high on my list. Has anyone here played the second one on PS? Any views on it?

5. Originally posted by MechDeus
    The first was a damn fun game, this one I want to play, but isn't too high on my list. Has anyone here played the second one on PS? Any views on it?
    I haven't played Piposaru 2001 myself but the general consensus was that it was terrible (considering that it didn't play anything like the original). But honestly, I believe the game will grow in stature over time. People were being overly snippy because Ape Escape 2 hadn't been announced and Piposaru 2001 looked like the end-all, be-all existence of Sony's monkey franchise.

6. 2001 was ok, just not as good as the 1st...