Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How I would improve the next Mario game...

1. Isn't he the director for Pikmin 1 and presumably Pikmin 2? Him producing stuff is well and good, but I would like to see him direct more stuff as well... make that next Mario game for example.

2. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Since Miyamoto alone never has created a game before.
    he did do Donkey Kong all on his own. but yeah, i get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    Isn't he the director for Pikmin 1 and presumably Pikmin 2?
    just producing. although he did come up with the whole idea for the game, design, and all that kind of stuff.

3. The instant I started playing Wario World, I though that is what the next Mario game should be. Just crank up the color, replace the Wario enemies with Mario enemies, replace the Final Fight combat with head-stomping, and fer God's sake, whatever perspective you put the game in bring back the oodles of breakable bricks and "?" blocks! Where the hell have they been? And Fire Flowers. I want to see some Fire Flowers dagnabbit!

But anyway, the fixed perspective in Wario World allowed for a perfect amount of 3D exploration while still making it feel and play like a real platformer.

4. All I want is a remake or reimagination of SMB 3 in 3D. Do that, and I'll buy three Gamecubes.

Tanooki's rule.

5. Put mario in a "Splinter Cell" secenario..

Id pay good money to strangle someone as Mario.
    Its-a ME, Mario! to KILL-a You!.

I think the reason they strayed from most of the original Mario platforming formula is that they knew people wouldn't exactly have the skills to handle it in 3D, at least at the time of Mario 64's release. I know I couldn't step on a goomba to save my life when I first played it.

I was glad to see them ramp up the difficulty with Sunshine, and the next game should continue with that trend. Bring back destructible blocks, donut blocks, spinning platforms, chasms that can only be traversed by bouncing off of flying enemies' backs, etc. Bring back the Mushroom Kingdom, for the love of god.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. And speaking of the difficulty....what's with this 8-hit crap? 2 hits and dead. First hit = small, 2nd hit = dead. I mean, jeez. I could see upping the hit count if they added tons of enemies (maybe). But they did the opposite!

Lucas, Miyamoto didn't make DK alone, Yokoi oversaw the project and instructed him. I know Miyamoto did the art, design and even the music but he didn't do the actual programming code, did he?

9. I guess part of the reason is because Miyamoto is so busy now trying to train the next gen of Nintendo programmers on all the different teams so they'll be up to task after he retires (as he's said in several interviews). I suppose in the end that's good (look at how tight he helped make MP) but still.

OTOH he also said in an interview that Sunshine's director (whether that was Tezuka or someone else, can't remember) kept asking him for advice on
    how to improve the game and Miyamoto told him a few times to make it however he wants it in a few spots. So the current guys should take it upon themselves to make the next Mario more action packed.

And I couldn't agree more that the next Mario would be greatly improved simply by adding old school elements such as having to cross casms by jumping off paratroopas, ect. Hopefully by being "simpler" the next one will be more like we want it. More jumping and timing (no, not like the waterpackless levels where you die easily) and more enemies that are out to kill ya.

I remember arguing with Frog last year about how he felt about Sunshine. Now I kinda agree with him although as you can see, my changes wouldn't be as radical.