Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn Your GBA into a Game Console

1. Turn Your GBA into a Game Console

Hi guys, it's been awhile. I've got some more great GBA mods for those that dare to try. The page with the info is here. These mods involve attaching Neo Geo controllers, power management(avoiding batteries) and RGB video output. All of which essentially make the GBA feel more like a game console. Fighters especially benefit from the controller mod, using the Neo Geo arcade style joystick, as do the shooters from the Neo CD joypad. Here are some images:

Any feedback is appreciated.
    I don't know how to get rid of the huge space here.

2. Wow, thats hella cool... its something I would like, too, because using the GBA turns my hand into a horrible, crippled deformed claw after about 20 minutes.

3. Yeah, Nintendo should really create some sort of Game Boy Player that lets you play GBA game without having to use a GBA... Also, very nice mods there.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. See, Jeremy, the cool thing about this mod is that you can actually use a good controller to play your games.

5. Yes, but could you actually see your games while using the controller?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Sure, just look at the damn picture - I reckon the games look way better on a crisp PSOne LCD screen than a big-screen TV.

7. Well, I don't know about that. The GBA resolutions via the GB Player are fantastic, although more clarity without pixel distortion would be nice, if that were the case when using the PSOne screen.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. GBA player + VGA cable + Hori pad

Soldering is teh suck

9. Wouldn't a GC + GBAP + Controller Adapter be easier?