Page 14 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. As always, I'm reading a bit of assorted stories by H.P. Lovecraft. Last up was "The Thing on the Doorstep" and today I'll finish "The Shadow Over Innsmouth."

On my to read list:

The Man in the High Castle - Philip K. Dick.
    Angels & Demons - Dan Brown.
    Neuromancer - William Gibson
    The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis

2. Aparição - Vergílio Ferreira

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mode7
    I'm currently reading Foucault's Pendulum and am hating it quite a bit. Basically I'm only sticking with it because I've come this far and I tend to be pretty bloody-minded about these things. A severely, mind-numbingly overwrought piece of fiction.
    Have you read anything else by Eco? He's goddamn bonkers. If you're willing to give him another chance, Baudolino is a pretty breezy read by his standards, though it's still like 600 dense pages.

4. the last new book that I bought was "The color of water". Cool read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

5. Reading some old stuff.

Since I never read King's IT, I started the book, and so far its pretty good.

6. Currently reading:

"Tunnel Underneath the World" - Fredrick Pohl

Catagory - Science Fiction
    http://i43.tinypic.com/2h2hzcx.gif
    Fight Like A Robot!

7. Finishing up reading through the appendecies from The Lord of the Rings for background info and such (mostly the Tales of the Years)

Next on my list are:

Mein Kampf - Adolf Hitler
    The Silmarillion - J.R.R. Tolkien
    The Hunt for Red October - Tom Clancy

8. I'm going to have to start reading "The Invisible Man" for my African American Lit class in the next week or so. Can't say I'm looking forward to it really. Once that class is done then I'll probably read a Vonnegut book.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

9. Right now I'm reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick. Got a Lovecraft collection next on the list and I get in a little Football Coaching Strategies everyday or so.

10. Just finished Pet Sematary by Stephen King.

Up next: Schindler's List or The Godfather.