Page 179 of 243 FirstFirst ... 165175177178179180181183193 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. Been reading Vonnegut's short stories. So rarely are writers' novels and short stories great and my boy absolutely crushes both.

2. By every indication he should be right up my alley, but I tried and don't like him at all. Made it through Breakfast of Champions and The Sirens of Titan.

3. Winner-take-All Politics.

I like the authors' message of the lop-sided wealth distribution going on in this country and how greed in politics has helped create it, but they pass the message off in a very inflammatory manner. I want to finish it but I get angry when I pick up a book hoping it will just be pure information and turns into a bias account of history.

I hate that shit. I call it writing for vaginas.

5. I just read a bunch of Sgt Rock and I think I may be moving on to a little Popeye the Sailor next!

6. DareDevil Vol. 2 Omnibus (Bendis). Probably the best graphic novel/comics series that I've ever read. Outstanding.

7. I bought a Kindle, and while I'm waiting for it to arrive, I've started reading High Life by Matthew Stockoe on the iPhone app. Its messed up to the point of retardation at times but so far I like it a lot.

8. Just finished Dark Tower III, intend to read IV on a Kindle once I finish off a few paperbacks sitting on the nightstand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. I just read "EEEE ee eee" by tao lin. Fairly good, probably the main character reminds me of a close friend.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Just finished Dark Tower III, intend to read IV on a Kindle once I finish off a few paperbacks sitting on the nightstand.
    I am about to finish IV. I recommend jumping right on-- it's strange in that it's almost entirely about Roland and the beginning of his life. I haven't read about Jake, Eddie or Susannah in a good 400 pages.