Page 189 of 243 FirstFirst ... 175185187188189190191193203 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So I'm almost done with Song of Susannah and it pisses me off to no end that Stephen King had to put himself in the books.
    Unfortunately, it only gets worse from there.

It's at the point where I'm only reading for closure after such a large time investment.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It's at the point where I'm only reading for closure after such a large time investment.
    I completely understand. It was the same for me.

4. I'm at the front of The Waste Lands, myself. I can't wait for him to ruin this completely for me!

...and maybe someday I'll finish Game of Thrones. Someday...

5. Too bad for you the writer will die long before he finishes the series.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Speaking of the devil, I am 200 pages into A Dance with Dragons. It is miles better than Feast already, because Jon Snow is fucking badass and looking more and more like Ned, without the stupidity.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Book 7 is a bit long but not as terrible as the other 2. I do like the ending now after I have years to think about it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I'm at the front of The Waste Lands, myself. I can't wait for him to ruin this completely for me!
    The good news is that Wizard and Glass is next, and it's not only the best book in the series, it's one of the best books he's ever written.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Book 7 is a bit long but not as terrible as the other 2. I do like the ending now after I have years to think about it.
    I found Wolves of the Calla tolerable and the last two books painfully bad. Book VII in particular. Everything from Flagg's bullshit death at the hands of Mordred, to Mordred's bullshit death at the hands of...uhhh...diarrhea, to that atrocious final battle with the Crimson King was just so badly conceived and executed. The only saving graces it had at all were the deaths of Eddie, Jake, and Oy, which were all beautifully written and some seriously tear-inducing passages, and the admittedly brilliant "true ending".

9. I just started reading "Reality is Broken". I think some of you TNL types would really dig that book.

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    The good news is that Wizard and Glass is next, and it's not only the best book in the series, it's one of the best books he's ever written.
    Eh, it's close-- As great as Wizard and Glass was, I preferred The Waste Lands-- I preferred to be in the current with Eddie and Jake than in the past with Cuthbert and Alain.