Page 194 of 243 FirstFirst ... 180190192193194195196198208 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. Disappointingly I'd wager.

2. You cut to the truth.

3. Hey guys!

I just found your community and it looks awesome! I can't wait to be part of it and get into some discussions. I love gaming. One of the best things out there in my opinion. I was wondering if any of you heard of "emotobooks?" I just read Swing Zone, a sci-fi story where the character is like a female Indiana Jones . They included these abstract images in the story to show what the character was feeling. I just never heard of this before. Anyone know anything that can help me figure out what this is?

Thanx Guys

No.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
    Hey guys!

I just found your community and it looks awesome! I can't wait to be part of it and get into some discussions. I love gaming. One of the best things out there in my opinion. I was wondering if any of you heard of "emotobooks?" I just read Swing Zone, a sci-fi story where the character is like a female Indiana Jones . They included these abstract images in the story to show what the character was feeling. I just never heard of this before. Anyone know anything that can help me figure out what this is?

Thanx Guys
    Do you mean like an allegory? Please tell us more! I'm really excited to discuss this with you, it sounds so great.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Just finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Excellent, of course. I'm stymied. I've heard Larsson wrote these books for his own pleasure and that he planned ten of them. Although this was certainly a satisfying ending, I suppose I'll have to leave the rest of the story to my imagination without his guidance.

Good shit.

Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    That third book was so good, but the fourth book is such a slog. Ugh.
    Coming off the amazing rollercoaster that was Storm, Feast is certainly a lot different. It just sets up so many new perspectives...a larger world-view, almost* — which I thought was excellent. And I friggin' blazed through it. I guess my adrenaline was still pumping from Storm.

I actually found Dance to be considerably slower. Not that that's a bad thing; especially since I've come this far with Martin's books, and it will likely be another 3-5 years before book six, I savored it like a giant cut of steak. (or maybe... horse meat?)

*not really a spoiler, but just to be safe.
    Last edited by Toupee; 20 Apr 2012 at 12:13 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Do you mean like an allegory? Please tell us more! I'm really excited to discuss this with you, it sounds so great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atonement2.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	65472  

Finished The Forever War. Absolutely amazing book, imo.

Now onto A Briefer History of Time. 15% through--loving it.

9. The Hunger Games rule.

10. The first book was alright, I don't know if I liked it enough to read the next two. Since the last time I posted, which I believe was when I finished Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer, I've read a few more books. I was so intrigued by the Rise of the Guardians trailer I decided to read one of the books which its based on. Nicholas St North and the Battle of the Nightmare was a very enjoyable read for being a kids book. I kind of wish it was longer, but it gives a nice introduction to some of the characters, really has me looking forward to the movie even more so, awesome take on Santa Clause too. I'm fairly tempted to read the next books in the series too. This one made a nice easy read between two larger books.

I've read like 4 or 5 more Oz books, things get really weird in the middle of that series. The last 2, little wizard stories, and tik-tok of oz feel like some one else wrote them. The style, the sentence structure just feel so different from the previous works. I'm still trying to make it through all of them, only have 5 more to go.

I read Hunger Games too, and as I said it was alright. I just don't think I care enough about the characters to read the next 2 books. Maybe when I have a lull with nothing else I really want to read.

I also finished A Storm of Swords, which was absolutely brilliant. The Red Wedding was pretty mind blowing, did not expect that. I'm about 100 pages into a Feast for Crows now, hate to say it but already it's looking to not be as good as Storm. Hopefully it'll still be enjoyable though.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.